one.

the sunset on the beach, the sound of the waves took over her body as she closed her eyes and let the peace take over her. the seagulls made loud noises and the faint chatter of the other families made her feel at home. the beach was where nakamura natsumi felt at home.

the wind left her black hair flowing behind her. and as the waves left from the shore, she felt like her problems washed away with them. all the pressure and all her aggressive feelings left her body when she came here.

as she walked the sand, she took in the beautiful sight and looked at her surroundings. not too far from her, she had seen a boy with grey hair and black tips. she could barely see his face but he looked gorgeous. he looked over and saw her in the distance and gave her a small smile. not knowing how to respond, she gave him a surprised look and quickly turned.

the boy who gave the smile had a confused look written all over his face. he watched the shorter girl become smaller in the distance. kita shinsuke had come to the ocean today to escape his annoying volleyball teammates. it wasn't that he did not care about them, it was just at times they would become too much at times. especially the miya twins and their many fights. and the beach had seemed like a good getaway. but here he was, questioning why the girl gave such a strange attitude. he hadn't given her a nasty look at first, so what encouraged her to give one to him? the thoughts continued on his mind even later in the night when he was laying in bed. something about the girl sparked a certain part in him.
・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・
the hallways of inarizaki high were always a bit crowded when the time came for lunch. on the first day back from break, natsumi found herself pushing through the halls trying to get away from everyone else as soon as possible. that was how it usually was during the whole school day. for her, it seemed as if lunch was the worst. not having friends and being closed off did have benefits at times, however, there were many cons and always being alone during lunch would be one of them.

the walk to the small grassy area near a tree wasn't far, but the way it was isolated from everyone else made natsumi feel as if she was alone. one of the best feelings if you were to ask her. something about the silence and knowing no one can interrupt it made her satisfied.

she eyed her surroundings and noticed the way everyone looked at her. a look of disgust as if she was an evil monster. the way they all avoided her because they were scared of what she would say to them.

she wasn't a very "known" student. since she had a closed-off personality, not many people bothered to talk to her. and she didn't bother to talk to anyone else. the few people who did attempt to talk to her ended up giving up after realizing how non-talkative she could be.

that was how everyone expected her to be, but one day she would meet the right person and they would open up her heart and take away the cold protective layer over it. but what she did not know was that person was the one boy who she had first seen at the beach.

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

in a nearby area, the inarizaki volleyball team sat as the miya twins argued like many times before. kita sat and watched, while in his mind he was wondering where he went wrong to have such idiotic teammates like the ones he was given. suna rintaro sat next to him recording the whole thing with jelly sticks in his mouth. aran ojiro was on the other side, also ignoring the twins usual antics.

something about the arguing was normal to the group now. and rarely a week would go by without the twins finding something silly to bicker about. kita usually would put a stop to this just by giving his striking glare. if looks could kill, the miya twins would have been dead by now and a lot of the teams problems would most likely be resolved.