Chapter 50

Tinatamad pa akong bumangon at namumugto pa ang aking mga mata nang marinig ang katok sa pintuan ng aking kwarto. It's been one week since she left the restaurant, crying. It's been a week since Sam and I broke up.

I tried to contact her. I even went to her house but she's always not there.

Sa loob din ng isang linggong iyon, hindi siya nananatili sa loob ng opisina. She must've really felt bad that she didn't want to see me anymore.

Someone knocked, and I heard our maid open the door to bring me some food.

"Ma'am, kain na po muna kayo." she said. I just nodded and she then left after she placed the tray on my table.

It has been like that until it became months. I tried to reach out to Samantha but she was literally nowhere to be found. Sumasama ako kanila Iñigo kahit pa alam ko na may galit sa akin si Cyreen. She is her bestfriend and she knows almost everything about her. Kaya naiintindihan ko kung saan nanggagaling ang galit nito.

"I had to see Rico just to talk to her, pero wala. I told her that you weren't coming but she said she's busy." Iñigo said.

I asked him a favor even if I know that he is disappointed with my actions and decisions. I tried to reach out to her but she deactivated all her socials. Maging sila Iñigo iniiwasan niya. She even changed her number. Damn. Ganon ba talaga kalaki ang galit niya sa akin? She literally shut her door for everyone because of me.

I really regret everything I did. I hated myself for being so goddamn self-centered.

A few months after I graduated, I started to prepare for the board exam. Luckily I passed when I took it on my first try.

I was happy and overwhelmed for all the support and love that my families and friends gave me. But there's still something missing inside of me. Alam kong mas masaya sana ako kung kasama ko siya ngayon.

There grew a lump on my throat when only my parents, and Iñigo, were waiting for me beyond the arch. Hindi ko na lamang ipinahalata iyon sa kanila dahil ayokong masira ang moment. But deep inside, I really wished she was there.

Eventually, I learned how to love her from afar. Nakikita ko na siya ulit tuwing pumapasok siya sa opisina. I seemed like a fucking stalker. But I couldn't care much about it. Ang mahalaga sa akin ay nakikita ko siya. Kahit hanggang tingin man lang mahagkan ko siya.

She looked more mature and more corporate as time went by. I didn't know if she has already moved on from me. But one time, I saw her walking with a woman and they looked like they were very close. I took that as a sign that she might be moving on from me already.

I found it unfair. I hated her for that. Bakit ang bilis niya naman maka-move on? Halos isang taon pa lang ang lumipas! Habang ako dito parang tanga na hanap hanap pa rin siya. But then, I can't blame her. Kasalanan ko naman kung bakit kami naghiwalay.

Nung sumunod na taon ay naging busy ako sa trabaho. I worked as an accountant in an accounting firm. I just wanted to get some experience with my degree. And eventually, I had to work under our company. After our second year of break-up, I heard Sam was getting prepared for her upcoming board exam since she finished her apprenticeship already. I was far more proud when I heard that from Iñigo and I was so confident that she'd pass the boards.

True enough, she did. And she did not just pass the boards, she got in the top 10 list of board passers. That woman is really a natural born tigress!

I became busier with BFI and had to attend international seminars and meetings, with foreign investors and clients. There was a time where I had to stay in Australia for almost three months for some business reason. I enjoyed my stay but I couldn't stay away with my family for long so I went home as soon as my quest there had finished.