Roadtrip

Request: Castiel imagine? Can you do one where both the reader and Cas are on a road-trip? And he begins to get irritable in the passenger seat and he bickers and causes a little argument. (Have him fall asleep in the passenger seat at some point) Then a few hours later you guys get to a motel to sleep, and then he winds down by lying with you in the motel room? Fluff please! 

Author: dean-calls-me-baby

Character: Castiel

Reader Gender: Any
Word Count: 952
Warnings: Fluff, Road trip

            You slid into the gold 1978 Lincoln Continental parked next to Dean’s treasured black beauty.

“CAS! ARE YOU READY!?” You called out across the bunkers garage

            No response from the stubborn angel, the thought drifted off to who knows where, you and turned on the radio and enjoyed the music. Cas had caught wind of a case West, in Telluride, Colorado involving strange and unexpected murders. Sam and Dean were working a job in Fort Madison, Iowa so you and Cas decided to take care of it.

A sudden “swooshing” noise filled the air and in the drivers seat beside you eyes greeted Castiel, “what took you so long?” you asked jokingly. He was wearing my favorite shirt of his, and a pair of blue jeans, and damn did they fit well… you thought.

“Last minute packing…” Cas replied in a gruff tone

“Ahhhh, so babe where are we going?” you said trying to strike up a conversation.

“We are off to Telluride,” he said as we pulled out of the bunker garage.

We drove for what seemed like days even though it had only been a few hours. It was getting dark and Castiel in his quickly weakening form had started to drift and eyelids were getting heavy. “Cas, baby are you alright?” you asked him sweetly.

“Yes Y/N, I am fine.”

“Are ya sure? You look pretty tired to me, look a gas station” you pointed to a lighted building off the exit, “we need to fill her up anyway, how about we make a quick pit stop?”

“Alright ” he agreed in his disheveled state.

            You pulled up next to a pump and we exited the car. ”Cas, go grab some snacks, while I take care of the gas.” Cas smiled in agreement and sauntered into the convenient store. When finished you returned the hose to said compartment on the pump and climbed into the drivers seat and turned on the car, to be embraced by the warm flow of air from the vents and the low rumble from the engine. Soon enough the angel walked out with a bag in hand and a grin on his face. Upon entering the car he testified against you driving. “Y/N!” Cas whined, “What are you doing in the drivers seat?”

“Driving” you said in a smartass tone, he let out a low grumble in detest and sat in the car.

“You know, Y/N I am a good driver.” He said as we pulled out of the parking lot.

“Yes Cas, I know but hunters need their 4 hours”

“But I’m an angel, I don’t sleep.” Castiel replied

You let out a chuckle “I know, I know, but in your slightly weakened state Cas, we both need as much rest as we can get.”

“Fine” He said as he slumped over onto the seat between us. He rested his head on your lap and stared up at you and intently studied your features.

“You are so beautiful, Y/N” you smiled in reply, “I mean it, your alluring Y/E/C eyes, and your adorable lips, and your rosy cheeks, and your Y/H/C silky hair” the angel said in a very sweet tone. You could feel the blood pool beneath your cheeks; thank god it was nighttime, masking the scarlet tones across your face. He admired you from below for sometime.

“He must’ve fell asleep,” you thought, you pulled the car into a motel parking lot and turned off the car. You got out of the car with such silence and grace, that Cas didn’t even wake. You walked into the motel offices to meet the pair of rather sleepy eyes belonging to the young girl working at the desk. “Hello, I need a room for tonight.”

“Alright, 2 queens? Or 1 king?”

“1 king please”

“Alright, here you go” she said sleepy eyed as she handed me the room key.

“Thank you”

“Sure thing, goodnight” she called out as I exited the building.

 You walked through the cool night air to the gold automobile and quietly opened the passenger door.

“Cas, babe wakes up…”

“He is out like a rock,” you mumbled

             You climbed into the car, hovering over Cas and straddled him thinking he would wake up from the weight upon him.

“No, all right?” you leaned over to his ear and whispered “Time to wake up my angel,” I whispered sweetly into his ear. At the sound your voice he stirred, but didn’t wake up. An idea struck; you leant down once more and kissed his nose, then his forehead and then his cheeks, soon enough to the corner of his lips. He was wide awake now, but enjoying this. He opened his eyelids to reveal those piercing blue orbs, without hesitation you leaned down and he kissed me softly yet passionately, the kiss broken apart by a smile.

“Time to go to bed” you said

“Okay” Cas replied

            You had placed the bags in the bathroom and proceeded to shut and lock the doors in preparation for bed. You strolled into the bathroom and began to undress you forgot to pack pajamas, but luckily Cas’ bag was in the small tiled room with you. You grabbed one of his white button downs, and slid into it taking in the scent.

            Cas was already in bed, waiting.  “Wow,” Cas exclaimed “absolutely stunning, even when dressed in an old button down.” you blushed profusely and scurried to bed to be comforted by the warm blankets. You lay down beside the striking angel, facing him, “I love you, Y/N”

“As I love you, Castiel”

            You intertwined your hands together, and tangled your legs in an amorphous mess and drifted of into a deep sleep.