Amore

Wonho turned on the mattress, expecting his arm to wrap around the sleeping figure of his boyfriend's slim frame. An annoyed sigh left his mouth and he tried hard to open his tired eyes when his arm hit the empty mattress instead. It took his eyes a few more seconds to adjust to the darkness of his own bedroom, as his surroundings got clearer. Everything was still were it had been before he had drifted into dreamland. Except for Hyungwon.

"Hyungwon?" he asked, his voice cracking from still being half-asleep. But there was no answer. It was weird for Hyungwon not to be asleep right next to him. Wonho had gotten so used to the other's steady breathing next to his face that by now he had a hard time falling asleep or stay asleep whenever the other was not there.

Hyungwon on the other side was a heavy sleeper. No matter if the lights were turned on or off, if the door of the bedroom was closed or open, or even when Wonho was still strolling around the house or working out in the living room late at night, when Hyungwon was going to bed early – nothing would wake the other. Wonho knew that he himself was moving a lot when he was sleeping, turning left and right, arms and legs kicking. The only way to avoid that was to hold Hyungwon in his embrace. Maybe Hyungwon's unmoving, statue like body in his arms and the steady sound of his breath and heartbeat helped Wonho relax in his own sleep, as well.

Wonho changed himself into a sitting position. The bed on Hyungwon's side of the mattress was still warm, so the other couldn't have been gone for long. Maybe he's just in the bathroom, Wonho thought but decided to stand up and look for the other anyways. The red neon numbers on his alarm told him that it was way too early to stand up and that he should just go back to sleep and wait for Hyungwon to return, but there was an uneasy feeling inside his chest.

When he opened the door of his bedroom, he was welcomed by a dark living room. It was quiet. He couldn't hear any noises, neither coming from the bathroom nor from some anywhere else in his small apartment.

"Hyungwon?" he asked again, his voice in a whisper, but echoing through the silence nevertheless. He slowly made his way into the living room and was about to turn on the lights, when he noticed the taller male sitting on the sofa, his knees pulled up to his chest and his eyes staring into somewhere far away outside of the window taking the other's thoughts with them. Wonho decided to leave the lights off.

Carefully to not scare the other, Wonho approached the sofa and sat down. Not too close, but close enough so that Hyungwon's toes were touching his thighs. It was only after Wonho placed his hand on one of Hyungwon's naked knees that the other was brought back to reality. His breath hitched surprised and he blinked a few times, as if he had just woken up from an unplanned nap, before he turned to look at Wonho with wide eyes.

"Hey." Wonho greeted with a soft smile on his lips. Hyungwon's hair was all messy around his head and his confused expression was adding a lot to the cuteness in front of Wonho's eyes.

"Hey." Hyungwon returned with his voice sleepy and calm and with his whole focus finally being back to reality. "Did I wake you up?" he asked worried and scratched his head apologetic.

"The bed was empty." It technically was no answer to Hyungwon's question, but the other understood the meaning behind those words anyways. "What kept you awake?" Wonho decided to ask in return. He shifted on the sofa so that his back was resting against the armrest and held his arms open. Hyungwon didn't hesitate even a second to crawl from his previous position into Wonho's arms, resting his head against the muscular, yet soft chest.

"I thought that I was getting better at this, but this last case..." Hyungwon didn't needed to finish his sentence for Wonho to understand. It had been quite a while now since he and then Hyungwon had joined the Team and Wonho would have lied if he said that Hyungwon hadn't adapted to his new tasks and the new, dark and brutal environment he was now dealing with daily faster than he had expected. Maybe faster than he did himself.