Chapter 3: Thomas and Edward's talk

Next day, Thomas went to talk with Edward in the yard; if there was any engine Thomas could talk to, it would be Edward. Edward was a wise and kind engine, he would always understand what Thomas was feeling.

"Hello, Thomas."

"Hello, Edward."

"How are you feeling today, Thomas?"

"I'm doing good, Edward."

Edward could tell that Thomas didn't look happy.

"Thomas, is everything alright?"

Thomas looked down at his buffers; he wanted to tell Edward what Titus and Timothy had said, but he feared that Edward would hate him for the rest of his life.

"Edward? You'd still be my friend no matter what I'm like, right?" He asked.

"Of course, Thomas." Edward replied. "You and I are still friends for who we are. Why'd you ask?"

"Maybe... I'm not ready to tell anyone yet though." Thomas mumbled to himself.

"I could tell something was bothering you for quite a while now. Is this having to do with it by any chance?" Asked Edward.

"Yeah... it's just such a big thing and I don't know how you guys will take it. Sure, you say that now, but you might not mean it when you realize the issue." Thomas puffed.

"It's okay, Thomas. I won't hate you for it. And if anyone does, they have to deal with Sir Topham Hatt." Edward smiled.