Chipmunk & Pikachu

Marriage

Age 6 & 7

"Marry me!" A brunette shouts at you, furrowing both of your brows as strands of your hair get blown off by the wind. Same for the brunette, who happens to share the same haircut with you, but she didn't bother and glued her eyes on you.

"What? What's "Marry me?" " That was the first you've blurted out to her as you air quoted her.

"Let's make babies!" You furrowed your brows more, looking thoroughly at the brunette who is very weird like Spongebob you've seen from your TV at Home.

"Do you even know how to make babies?" You ask, doubting that this kid might be spitting nonsense, and also, you were slightly curious as well, so how did your parents make you and Alice?

Park Alice, your old sister used to tell you that a duck delivered you to your parents at the doorway. You wondered if that is possible, if so, then how did a mere duck create a human baby? Surely they're not half duck and half human right? One human and one duck if you plus them both. Weird

"I don't know, but I'll marry you," The kid says in front of you. You furrowed your brows more, confused, and opened your mouth to say something when someone else says something first.

"You're too straightforward, Jisoo," Ms. Bae says, offering both of her hands at you and the brunette who is currently sitting on the chair beside you, "And also, don't you think you're a little young for that? And also, Jisoo, do your colors now or else your Mama Kim is going to give you vegetables for a month." You see how the brunette furrowed both of her brows as she pouts. You thought it's a little bit cute, but laughed afterwards.

"You're still not done with your colors? That must be sad. Do you want me to help you?" You said nicely and saw the brunette's eyes turning from sad to immediately energetic one.

"You will?" She asks you, excitedly.

You nodded your head at her, smiling as well.

"I'm Jisoo!" She says, loudly, facing her body on you and then reaches out her other hand to you.

"I'm Chaeyoung." You said, taking her hand on your hand for a handshake, and smiled.

That was the start of your friendship with Jisoo.

Age 9 & 10

"Marry me," You hear something on your left and glanced at the brunette who sat beside your left. The two of you were sitting on the couch, watching Tangled, shoulder pressed against each other, and you felt her move, facing her body towards you.

You remembered, after Meeting Jisoo at school, you immediately asked your sister, "What does "Marry me?" mean?" And you could only think it's a bad thing when you see your sister gasped, eyes wide open, and immediately asked:

"Why? Did someone already asked for your hand for marriage?" You thought she sounded mad, but if you lie in front of her right now. She'll get more mad, so you nod your head at her, "There is. Her name is Jisoo," You said.

You saw how your sister smiled teasingly at you, "I see." She says, flashing the smile you hated when your sister Alice teases you about something.

"Anyway, so "Marry me," She air quotes, "Means to tie a knot together with the person you love and grow old with them together." Your sister said and frowned at her, confused more. Tie a knot together? What does that mean? You can see your sister looked at you, again with the smile you hated, and said: