Chapter 21- farewell

"The cornucopia wall is where the game-makers control am i right? Obviously they were dumb enough to put the back exit perpendicular (across) from the control room. So if you stay from a distance and shoot a few traps Cato will think its Katniss giving both the game-makers and Cato a distraction. Meanwhile ill signal you i don't know how but listen out for birds. After the shoots stop they'll think its Katniss and Cato will chase into the bush. But by then you'll obviously be where i am and i will have to wait carefully for the cannon because our life depends on it." I finished. "May i escort you?" He joked poking his arm out. Looping my arm through we walked through the forest for the last time.

"Ok its time" i say. Turning on my heel to run through a forest shortcut i was stopped. "Rue i want you to know that if your plan fails it has been more than a pleasure to do participate in it and no matter what we have to go through ill always be there" he said. Turning around to face him i engulf him in a hug fearing it would be our last. Reaching up to give him a peck and then running through the short-cut i could only hear him chuckle softly.

Finding the wall wasn't hard because they weren't good at disguising it. Thresh had shot the first trap. "Oh Katniss i wouldn't dare if i were you" i heard cato yell. Another trap was shot. A few of the mimicking birds from before returned. Opening my hand one had landed on my palm. Singing a note out that was peculiar to our districts anthem. They mimicked the sound out perfectly and I'm sure thresh would recognize it. "Ok Katniss I'm going in" i could hear Cato yell staggering into the bush. "Im here" thresh said. "I liked your choice of signal." he said smiling

Now i stood perfectly arched staring at our escape. I had one chance at getting it right if we wanted to escape and in time before they noticed. I remembered my mother my family, my new-borne life and everything stopped. Soon i felt the adrenaline. 3 2 1 my mind counted down and as if everything froze i pulled back with all my might and released as the arrow cut through the wall synchronized with the boom of the cannon. I had did it. I had wanted freedom so bad that i did everything even risking my life just to get it.

Then as thresh looked over at me holding a hand out as i conjoined the hands .Taking one look back at his name being displayed he turned back around. "Ready?" He asked. "Born" i replied. We both looked on to a journey. A journey i didn't want to begin with anyone but him.
••••
Oh my dear friends it seems that i have both good and bad news. This book has come to an end yes i know but.... THERES A SEQUEL! Lol i decided to make it a series the sequel will be posted in the spring of '15. I hoped you enjoyed and i really hoped people were moved by this book and of course
5 reads for more!
-annie