Hero and Villain (Natalie Chavez)

This song contains very mild language, but when I sing it, I just pretend it's "half-asked" or "half-fast" instead of the other thing lmbo

I walked up to her, my footsteps echoing in the hollow room. Her back was to me, but I would have recognized her slender figure and long dark hair anywhere.

"What are you doing, dear?" I spoke gently. The last thing I wanted was to scare her away. "Aren't you tired yet?"

"What are you doing, hm? I don't think I invited you." She snapped back. Though her voice was hard, my heart fluttered at the sound of her voice again. It'd been too long...

"Darling-"

"Oh, here we go again!" I jumped from her sudden outburst. "Pretending like you actually care about me, like you actually love me. Deep down, you think you're better than me, don't you?"

"Don't you remember?" I slowly drew closer to her. "I was always there for you, and I always will be," I was close enough to touch her. "Just take my hand, and I'll save you. I'll be your hero." I reached out to touch her hand, but she spun around before I had the chance.

She looked just as I remembered: her face, long and pale, her lips large and full. Her beautiful dark, round eyes... no, her eyes were different. They were filled with so much pain, sorrow, and anger, feelings I don't remember seeing in them before.

She laughed, but it was cold and bitter. "Hero? You think you're a hero? They'll tell you that, won't they? Oh, there he is!" Her voice grew high in a mocking tone. "Our hero! So stoic, so handsome! My hero!" She shoved me away on the last word and turned her back to me once again.

"I know you think you're a villain," I tried again, still partially stunned by her physical action. "But you're not. Deep down, under all that pain, is the real you."

"Not anymore. And who's fault is that?"

"Please, I'm sorry-"

"Do you remember that lonely little girl from all those years ago? And her monsters... did you help her?"

"I'm so sorry-"

"You never came to save my world... what about me?"

I paused, not knowing how to answer. After a moment, I gently spoke, "I know you're upset. I know what they did to you was wrong."

"You know nothing..." She muttered.

"You didn't deserve that." I went on. "But you need to trust me, please believe me, this won't stop the hurt forever."

She didn't answer.

"We don't need to end like this. Please, look at me-"

"I know I'm the villain. But you're the one who lies."

"Lies? I'm not a liar! I just want to help you-"

"Oh, yeah?"

"You're the one who said I was never there to save you. I'm here now. You don't have to be the villain."

She spun around, her dark eyes meeting my crystal blue ones. "So, back at it again, are you? Twisting every word I say against me. I guess some things never change."

"Oh, c'mon, you know that's not true! I was trying to help you... please just let me help you!" Desperation leaked into my voice.

"You are NOT my hero!" She shouted, stunning me into silence. "You don't know how it felt..." She bowed her head, hair falling around her face. Her hands were balled up at her sides. It was almost shocking to see her so broken, so vulnerable.

After a pause, I reached out to tuck some of her thick locks behind her ear. "You are not the villain," I whispered softly. "Do you remember? You once held my hand." With my other hand, I gently touched her own.

A mistake.

She jerked away from me and turned her back to me once again. "Get out." She demanded through gritted teeth.

"But-"

"Get out! Please, just go..." She paused. "Sometimes things don't go as planned..." She muttered softly.

After a slight hesitation, I turned away in defeat. As I walked away, not stopping even once to see if she looked back.

Hope you liked! My friend EmeraldBorealis showed me this song so thank you Emerald!

I'm pretty proud of this story; I really like how it turned out. The next one will be up soonish, and I'm excited for it!

Peace out!✌️

//662 words//