Chapter 01

ELLIOTT STEVENS

The bright morning California sun streamed in through the curtains, awaking me from my slumber. I slowly rolled over so I was on my back and stretched my arms over my head, a soft yawn escaping my lips. A sudden movement beside me caused my head to whip over in a panic before I calmed down upon seeing that familiar, handsome face.

"Good morning, beautiful," Johnathan murmured, tiredness causing his voice to sound extra raspy. "I have to get to work. Will I see you tonight?"

"This was a one-time thing, John," I reminded him as I pushed myself up into a sitting position, running my hand through my messy blonde hair.

Johnathan let out a soft chuckle as I swung my legs out of the bed before I turned around to face him, grabbing my silk red bathrobe off the floor and tying it around my naked body. "You've said that the last fifteen times. I think we both know by now it's not true."

"We know no such thing," I lied, folding my arms over my chest as he stared up at me with humor in his expression. "Now if you'll please get yourself up and dressed before Kara wakes up, that'd be greatly appreciated."

"Johnathan released a throaty laugh as he shook his head and climbed out of my bed, pulling on his jeans and a tee that he showed up in last night. Once he was dressed, he came walking towards me, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me into his body. I welcomed his lips as he placed a gentle kiss on my own, enjoying the comfort and familiarity I always found in him.

"I'll see you later, El." Johnathan wore a small smile as he stared down at me before he walked backwards towards the door, his eyes never leaving mine. He finally turned and wrapped his hand around the doorknob, disappearing from my room and a moment later I heard the front door close.

I flopped back down on the bed, crawling under the covers and pulling the light grey comforter over my face to try and block out the sun so I could get more rest. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for me to hear the recognizable pitter patter of Kara's feet down the hall. There was something about morning people that bothered me. Maybe it was their chipper voices, their smiling faces, or the fact that they always tried to project it onto someone who was not in the mood to be talked to. I mean, not everyone is a get out there and seize the day type of person, however they always seemed to be friends with one.

Mine just happened to be my roommate, too.

"Get your ass up," Kara demanded as she threw a pillow at my face, and it landed with a soft thump. "You're going to be late again."

Groaning loudly, I wrapped myself deeper into my blankets as I held my pillow over my head to try and block out her voice. "Kara, just let me sleep off this hangover," I lied, already knowing damn well if she didn't see or hear Johnathan leave this morning, she most likely heard us last night.

"El, I swear to god," she hissed as I heard her footsteps approach before the pillow was torn away from my face. "If you'd stop inviting John over, maybe you'd get some sleep. You've missed class three days already this week."

"And?" I grumbled as I dared to crack an eye open to look at my best friend only to find her standing there with her arms folded over her chest like an irritated mother who was just trying to get her child up for school.

"It's Thursday."

Sighing loudly in defeat, I flipped over and whipped the blankets off myself, the cold nipping at my skin. Glaring at Kara for a brief moment, a smile threatened to tug at my lips as I saw she was actually holding a cup of coffee.

"Thank you," I whispered gratefully as I quickly grabbed the mug from her hands. There's nothing better than a cup of coffee after a good, long night of amazing, for those who prefer a more subtle term, extracurricular adult activity.