𝟎𝟕

The sun shined brightly as the wind made the trees rustle in the air

The sun shined brightly as the wind made the trees rustle in the air. Demetrius walked to the back, leaning on the glass door as he watched Constance. She relaxed in the pool as she listen to the birds in the sky.

Demetrius smirk looking at her loving the fact that she was enjoying herself. It was the main reason why he took her on this vacation in the first place. He thought they were getting somewhere and by the time they got back home, everything would be fine.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Hearing a phone ringing inside the house, he look back before walking inside. Heading in the bedroom, he heard Constance phone ringing and grabbed it. He debated whether he should answer it or not, but ended up answering it anyways.

"Hello." He answered sitting on the bed.

"Oh, hello, I was calling for Constance. Is she around?" A man on the other line asked.

"Uhh, she's busy at the moment but I can take a message though." Demetrius said.

"Okay, I was just calling to remind her that her prescription refill is available whenever she runs out." the man replied, Demetrius raising his brow.

"Prescription? For what exactly, if you don't mind me asking." Demetrius asked out of curiosity. He was confused as to what the man was talking about, more so, confused as to why Constance needed to be reminded of a prescription refill.

"It's a prescription for her antidepressant pills she's been taking to cope with her depression. She had me change her pills, so I was reminding her." the man answered his question.

Demetrius look out the window putting his attention on Constance then proceeded to talk, "So, she's been taking pills to cope with her depression?" he asked for assurance. He wanted to make sure he was hearing the man correctly.

"Yes."

He rub the bridge of his nose, "Exactly, how long have you been prescribing her pills?"

"I can't necessary tell my patients business sir, so I can't give you that information sadly." the man told him and Demi nodded his head, understanding.

"Yeah, I understand. Umm, I'll let her know about her refill." Demi told him, slightly mad that he couldn't get that information. But, a part of him thought it was good he wasn't told or else he would've been even more pissed than he was.

"Thank you. I'm hoping to hear from her about them soon."

"Mhm, bye." Demetrius hung up the phone once the line went dead. He lock Constance phone putting it back on the nightstand.

He place his head in his hands processing the news he had just gotten. He was angry, annoyed and upset at it's finest. A part of him told him that something was up with Constance. No matter how many times she told him she was fine, he just had that feeling she was lying to him about something so important. Reason why he kept mentioning that she shouldn't be scared to tell him anything, but she just refused to do so.