Epilogue & Final A/N

This will be my first and last ever A/N at the beginning of a chapter for Skinny Love. I just want to take this time to say thank you guys so much for reading this story. Whether you've been following along since I started it LAST MAY or if you just found it the other day and binge-read the entire thing (lucky you to not have to wait for updates- lorde knows I take ages with them). I love you all the same and you're the reason I was able to actually finish this. There are so many people I'd like to personally thank, but I'll save that until the end. Thank you all again and I hope I didn't disappoint anyone.

So here is the very last installment of Skinny Love (Troyler), a fanfiction that I started on a whim and it's also the very first story of any sort that I've ever written. This is my baby and no matter how many times I almost 'killed my baby' there was always someone who ecouraged me keep it going. They all know who they are. -This part will entirely be in Troye's POV bc it was just easier that way.

-Ashtin

Skinny Love (Troyler) Themes: Never Stop by SafetySuit & Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding

-TIME SKIP A YEAR-

*Troye* 

It felt like deja vu as I touched the outside of the plane before stepping in and finding my seat. At least this time I wasn't dreading my time at Vidcon like I was last year. It's kind of insane to think that a whole year has gone by since then. So much can change within a year. In that span of time people can grow closer together, relationships can form, physical appearances change, hair styles and colours can definitely change. But in that same span of time people can grow farther and farther apart and relationships can end.

Within the last year I've seen all of those things happen and I've even experienced a few of them. I was there to witness my sister's first heartbreak. I was there for her when she couldn't stop crying in the middle of the night and needed someone to comfort her. I was the one who brought food up to her room when she refused to come down for lunch and dinner and refused to leave until she'd eaten at least half the food on the plate.

"I'm so sorry, Troye." Sage would say in between sobs on various nights where I simply held her while she cried it out. For a while I just assumed that she was apologizing for being a mess and getting mascara stains on my shirts and I would tell her not to worry about it. It wasn't until the final week she'd spent crying over the bastard that I asked why she always said sorry.

"I'm so sorry, Troye." She murmured quietly into my shirt, but this time she wasn't crying, nor did she have any makeup on to apologize for.

"Why are you sorry?" I chanced, figuring it couldn't hurt to ask.

"All those weeks, months even, you spent shut up in your room after Playlist last year. I knew. I knew what Tyler had done. There were nights that I'd wake up at three in the morning and I could hear you crying through the wall. But I did absolutely nothing. God I'm such an awful person, if what you went through was anything near as painful as this I'm so freaking sorry." That was about the time I could hear the waterworks coming and pulled her closer as the memories flooded into my mind.

"You might think I'm crazy, Sage, but I wouldn't change a single thing about that night at Playlist. Yeah it hurt, it was like no pain I'd ever experienced in my entire life. But nobody said it was easy. Those five months were probably the worst months of my life, but in the end I think they did me some good." Sage scoffed into my shoulder before I could go on.

"Good? What kind of good can come from any of this?" I looked down as she gestured to her tear stained face. It pained me to see her like this but everyone will have to go through it at some point in their life. Better now while she's young so that she can at least try to avoid getting hurt later on.