1.3

Around ten Luke and Michael had to go back to their own tents, camp rules.

Luke did calm down... eventually. I felt weird, listening to Michael comforting him. I wish I had someone to comfort me like that, you know? Someone who cared. I'm sure if I'd been the one having a mental breakdown that Michael would've tried to calm me down like that, too. But I wasn't having a breakdown, so I wasn't comforted.

I still didn't feel anything.

Numb, numb, numb... and with no drugs or alcohols or sharp things to feel. Lovely. Place is trash after all.

"I know," I whispered to my conscience. I was curious if we would have yoga today because the sun was rising and we hadn't been called out of our tents yet.

When we were called out of our tents, it wasn't for any stupid morning yoga, it was for breakfast. Feeling riskier today, I kept my sweatpants on, threw on some flip flops, and wore a bra and tank top to the table. I had forgotten that my only friends were teenage boys currently.

Not to mention, none of them have had sex with anyone but their hand for a while... if even that.

"Someone broke out the boobs today," Calum noted, cutting his pancakes.

"Someone broke out the..."

"Abs?" Michael chuckled at my lame come back.

"Yeah," I huffed, glancing at Calum's six pack.

"Thanks for noticing," Calum smiled.

"Mhm."

"Morning, Ashton," Luke smiled at Ashton as he sat beside me.

"Hey, Luke. How ya feelin'?" Ashton asked, sipping his orange juice.

"I'm okay," Luke said. There was a sincerity in his words that I admired. Luke may have been someone who had hurt a lot of people, apparently, but he was sincere. He had good intentions, I think. And I think Michael made a difference by talking to him and assuring him that everything would be okay.

...

"Alright, campers! Today we will be talking to each of you individually to see about who needs counseling. While we call you up, the rest of you can just hang out and maybe explore a bit if you want. I know we haven't really given you the chance to explore these woods yet and I bet some of you are dying. So have fun and try to stay relatively close in case your turn comes up!" Amy announced with a smile.

"I think I'm just gonna hang out here at the table. Too early in the morning to wander," Michael informed us, squinting in the sunlight.

"Same," Ashton decided.

The rest of us stayed put, so I guess we all were too tired to wander. I just didn't feel like I had anyplace else to go. So I stayed.

I noticed they were walling kids up in an alphabetized manner. I didn't know the other's last names, but mine was Coores, so I knew I'd be one of the first to go. My last name started with a C.

"Michael Clifford," Amy smiled as she approached our table. "You're up."

"Great," Michael faked a smile. We chuckled at his clear irritance but didn't really say anything to him. I guess they were on the C's, though. And unless someone else had a last name that started with Cl- too, I would be up next.

Maybe you should run instead.

"Where?" I scoffed, hardly realizing I was talking to a voice only I could hear. The boys all looked at me in confusion. I cleared my throat. "Uh.... Um. Where do they do these talks, do you know?"