Chapter Four * Expectation

I feel movement in my bed, and it takes a moment for me to realize that I'm not in my bed

I feel movement in my bed, and it takes a moment for me to realize that I'm not in my bed. I'm in Rain's bed with my back towards his muscular chest and his arm over my abdomen. My mind wanders to last night. I drank several glasses of wine but was in total control of every decision made with no regrets.

The problem is how to handle this morning. Is Rain going to want to take me home right away? I'm not looking forward to taking the walk of shame into my apartment building wearing the same dress from the previous night. Is he going to want to have breakfast together? New relationships are so hard to navigate at the beginning.

I'm not even sure what this is? The panic plastered on Rain's face at the mere mention of dating was quite comical at the time, but that was before we spent the entire night getting to know each other in a highly personal aspect.

It'll be hard to give up this man and mind-blowing sex if he decides that he got what he wanted from me and is ready to move on to the next girl. If that were the case, I'd hope that he would've been honest about his intentions from the beginning. Would I have still slept with him? Probably. Our chemistry is undeniable. He did say that he never falls this hard so fast. Maybe there's a chance of more with Rain?

Rain pulls me closer to him, and I smile. He speaks to me in a gruff morning voice, and I feel his hardness against my ass.

"What do you think about me starting coffee, then you joining me in the shower?"

I wiggle my ass against him.

"I like that proposal."

Rain kisses the back of my head before he rolls out of bed and leaves me to make coffee completely naked.

"Stay here. I'll be right back."

I unashamedly watch his tight ass leave the room.

I stretch out and decide not to overthink us, as Rain had told me when we first met. I'm just going to see where this goes. Rain returns and curls his finger, beckoning me to follow him. I eagerly obey.

I had noticed the shower earlier when using the bathroom. The shower floor is pebbled tile. White sub tiles go from floor to ceiling with gray and stormy blue accents, including a built-in bench. It has an extra-large, square rain shower head with a barn door-style glass door. I am beyond excited to use Rain's shower.