28.

"You're so special, more than you'll ever know."
-the author
___________________________________

"-the author ___________________________________

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

"Come on, Hazel get up." I laid there for a few seconds and she spoke up again. "Hazel." She dragged out. I groaned repositioning myself.

"Momma, what are you doing?" I sighed, turning on my side.

"We going baby shopping." She sang. The second I heard that I jumped up. She giggled shaking her head at me. "I see you moved that ass then. Hurry up there's a sale." She rushed.

I showered, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. I went back to the room deciding on a romper. I crimped my hair, and brushed it back into a pony tail. I did light makeup, and grabbed my purse. Today was a little warmer then normal, about high sixties

"Mom I can drive." I offered, as she slid her thick self in the passenger seat.

"Fine with me, come on Hazelnut." She laughed, as I opened the car door to the driver side. Along the way we listened and jammed to 90s music my momma played off her phone.

Computer love
(Computer, computer love)
Computer love
(Lookin' for my computer love)
Computer love
(Hey)
Computer love
(Computer love)

We screamed at the top of our lungs. I was so happy, I felt like nothing could go wrong. My momma was alive, and the baby growing inside her womb was thriving.

Omniscient

"Hazel, turn down the radio." Hazel leaned forward doing as instructed. Her mother looked at her daughter with the most sincere and loving look.

"I am so proud of you. My baby is driving, got herself a job. You're doing so good. You still talk to that boy?" Coco asked, Hazel kept her eyes on the road. She wasn't sure if she should spill the beans or throw them out.

"Mama," Hazel started. "I have something to tell you." She said, hesitantly. Coco looked over at her daughter waiting for what she had to say next.

"What Hazel?" Her voice sounding nervous.

"He ain't shit." She blurted, they looked at each other for a second and started laughing.

"Girl!" Coco shouted, as Hazel pulled off after the red light turned green.

"I know, and I know that pop in the mouth has downloaded at 100%." Hazel said waiting for her mom pop her in the mouth but she didn't.

"You're grown baby girl. I know soon enough you'll have your own place and car." Hazel smiled, feeling greatly satisfied that her mother allowed her to cuss.

"This is so cute!" Hazel cooed, picking up the baby two piece. It was a plaid shirt colored with blue, red, and white with a navy blue sweater underneath. The pants were khaki, so tiny, and too cute.

"It is, you think it's gonna be a boy?" Her mom asked as she continued looking through the racks.

"I feel like it is." Hazel shrugged, picking up another outfit. It was another sweater with overalls covering the letters on the front. "This reminds me so much Corduroy." She smiled.

"I feel like I'm gonna have another girl" Coco added, admiring a pink onesie and too too. "Hazel look at this." She cooed, beaming brightly. Hazel could tell her mother was so excited.

"I can't wait to do this." Hazel mumbled, loud enough for only her to hear. They looked through a lot more clothes but since Coco wanted it to be a surprise so they just bought bottles, pacifiers, bibs, ointments, lotions, and bath rags.

"Did you pick which guest room you wanted the baby to sleep in?" She asked as they headed inside build a bear.

"That's a good question, um how about we decide when we get back?" Hazel agreed it was a good idea.

"Sounds good." They walked the aisle of the store observing the different varieties of vacant animals.

"Ouu I really like this one." Hazel gawked, picking cute teddy bear. She went over to the machine where a employee was standing to stuff the animal. Coco did the same thing, afterward, it was paid for and they left the store.

"I'd like two helpings of lo mein the brown noodles, orange chicken, and general to' so." Hazel spoke to the man behind the counter. He fulfilled her plate so much it barely closed. She ordered her moms food as well, paying for both.

"Wanna eat home or here?" Hazel asked, holding onto the bag.

"I want to go to bath and body works." Hazel nodded.

"Let me put the food in the car and I'll be right back." Coco nodded, while Hazel ran off to put the food in the car.

Hazel walked out the mall, just as a mother and her child was coming up. "Dang momma, she's big." The little boy blurted. Hazel looked away, embarrassed as the boy pointed.

His mother gasped popping him in the mouth instantly. She embarrassingly looked at Hazel shaking her head. "I am so sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine." Hazel weakly smiled. Even thought the boy couldn't be no older than four his words stabbed Hazel directly in the chest. She didn't dare cry, instead she continued walking until she reached the car. She unlocked the doors, opened the back seat door setting the food down. Suddenly, there was moaning coming from the near vehicle. Hazel's mouth shaped into a 'o' as she shut the door back.

"Yikes." She chuckled, playing it off like she was looking for something but instead she was trying to peek in the inside to see who was getting their guts smashed, and to see who was doing the smashing.

"B-Bashar." The voice moaned, causing Hazel to freeze.