C u d d l e s.

Hey, little Eruri oneshot! 

      Erwin was sat in his office, doing work, as always. He leaned back in his mildly uncomfortable chair that he was used too at this point. When he had leaned back, he let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed his temples. He was livid because his work load had been doubled, tripled even. Although being furious when hearing this, he kept his cool and calm demeanor up.

       He had only been upset because this meant he would be home way later than he would like to be.

      Erwin sat back up in his chair again, with straight and perfect posture and got back to work. Not even thinking about calling his husband, Levi, to tell him he'd be home late...

      Erwin got home at about ...12:30. It was late. While at the front door, only then, did he realize he didn't think to call his loved one and tell him he would be late. Erwin opened the door, ready for a fight to be started despite how late it is and the kids being in bed. Erwin did want to be home to say goodnight to his and his husbands children. They're adopted but both Erwin and Levi would die for all three of them.

      Erwin was surprised when no fight was started as the front door was opened. Instead he was met with what he was met with on any normal day, a peck on the lips and on the cheek. He saw his lover walk away and talk normal, as if oblivious to how late it was.

"So, how was your day?"

      Erwin furrowed his eyebrows as he walked in from the door slowly, then closing it. He was confused. Anyone who knew Levi would recognize that he is acting strange. It didn't take long for Erwin to see what was wrong. He was able too see that Levi had been upset, and even worried. Erwin had forgot to call and say he would be late, and Levi basically had a panic attack because of it, and Erwin felt bad...

"Levi... I'm sorry. I should've called and I forgot."

      Levi looked away, eyes getting just a bit teary again.

"yeah.. no shit you should've called, asshole."

      All Erwin could do was apologize and reassure that he's ok and everything's ok. Levi was trying his best to calm down, giving Erwin a hug, with hope that would help. but Levi had told him what he really thought.

"If you want me to be 100 percent honest ...I-..I thought one of the worst things possible..." Levi said with a shaky tone. Erwin wanted to know what he thought, and Levi didn't need words to know that. When Levi had told him, his heart sank... low.

"I-...I thought you might be..cheating-" 

      Levi couldn't even finish the sentence without having a full breakdown again, and Erwin felt bad. He hated seeing his lover like this, it pained him so much. Erwin walked over to him and held him in a tight hug, having walked away earlier.

"My love... look at me please."

      Levi looked up hesitantly to see his husbands loving face, looking at him with care. Erwin cupped Levi's face, leaning and giving him a soft and loving kiss.

"My love.." Levi shuddered at the name, tears still flowing from his eyes. "I would never.. never would it even, cross my mind. I have eyes for you, and you only. I couldn't even make up a quick idea as to how you think I would ever do that to you."

      Levi looked his husband in the eyes, tear streaming. "I don't know either, I just ...I thought the worst and I had a breakdown and  I just ...I don't know..."

      As more reassurance and comforting words quietly leave both mouths, they suddenly hear the tapping of little feet, two sets to be exact. They look over to see two out of three, of they're children. Armin and Eren. They immediately knew that Mikasa was only not out there because she could sleep through literally anything.

Armin's little voice piped up despite still being fuzzy from just waking up. "Daddy, papa, is everything ok?" he asked, Eren trailing behind him, rubbing his eyes.

      Levi took his leave out of Erwin's embrace, as he wiped his eyes and made his way over to the two little boys. 

He gave his husband and then the children a soft smile "daddy and papa are fine ...let's get you two back to bed." 

Armin piped up again when he realized that Erwin was there, remembering that he was not there earlier to say goodnight to him and his siblings. He ran up to him, Eren trailing behind again. "Papa, why weren't you home at normal time?"

      Erwin explained to the small child that his amount of work was basically tripled and it caused him to be late. "alright, back too bed. go with daddy. Goodnight Armin, goodnight Eren. I love you two"

      Armin gave him a soft smile and said "goodnight papa.." while following Levi into the room, of course, with Eren following, who also gave a little "goodnight papa." to Erwin...

      After getting the kids back to bed, Levi went into his and Erwin's shared room. He saw Erwin dressed for bed but obviously wanting to continue their conversation. All Levi did was look down... he didn't want to look Erwin in the eyes... and Erwin knew and understood that. Erwin didn't make him look up, instead, just hugged him and gave him more reassuring statements. Levi hugged back, as he gave up a little of his pride for a simple question..

"can we maybe... cuddle ...tonight."

      Erwin looked down, giving his lover a small peck on his head, answering with a simple "of course we can." 

      as they climbed into bed, Levi immediately went to cling on Erwin. He wanted those cuddles that made him feel better, and pushed away any thought of his second worst nightmare when it came to his husband. He loved this man and lost to many people already.. losing Erwin in any way is the last thing that he could ever want.

      Erwin clung back onto Levi and embraced him tight. Erwin would never think of hurting Levi, in any way. Despite being married for several years, he still has to remind Levi that he loves him and is going absolutely no where. Erwin is ok with having to remind Levi, because he loves him.

     Erwin came out of deep thought and looked down to see Levi asleep, relaxed. Erwin felt himself drifting off as well after a long day and a long night, and as he was drifting off he thought to himself in realization... with Levi snuggled close and the soft breathing into his chest...

These are some of the best cuddles they've had in a while...

Hey! This is just a little scenario I came up with in my head. Also, I will be re-writing "Nailpolish" because the pacing is trash :)

word count: 1168

love y'all.