Chapter seven

As the two of them walked through the park, Dean confessed his concerns about everything that's happened and Shela listened while sharing her own concerns.

"I don't think I'm ready for all this," Dean admitted.

"What are you scared of?" Shela asked curiously, she didn't want to admit that she was just as scared as Dean was.

"Everything, this is all just too much for me. I don't know how to be a parent, let alone keep monsters from my kid," Dean explained.

"You don't think i'm scared too?" Shela said. "I'm more worried about our son having a combination of our powers and abilities,"

"That also scares me," Dean admitted. Shela and Dean had walked further into the park until they came across a porch swing, Shela made her way over and sat down as she slowly started swinging. "I want to be a good dad, but I don't know how to," he continued. Shela patted the seat next to her asking Dean to sit down. Dean made his way over and took a seat on the swing with her.

"Dean, you will be a good dad," Shela said. "And besides, you've had a lot of practice, especially with you brother,"

"That's true, I basically raised him," Dean responded, feeling a bit better after hearing that.

"So you'll be prepared, and I know for a fact that while your father didn't raise you two well enough," says Shela. "You don't have to act like him,"

"I don't want to be like him, I want to be better," Dean answered.

"And you will," Shela responded "Now on a totally unrelated note, we haven't decided what to name our son yet,"

"True do you have any ideas in mind?" Dean asked. Shela thought about it for a little bit when she heard a neutral voice inside her head say a name.

"Ezra," Shela said under her breath as a smile appeared on her face.

"I like that, how did you come up with it?" Dean asked.

"I don't know, it just came to me," Shela said. "Like he's talking to me," Shela and Dean smiled at each other, however, that moment was short lived when behind them they started to hear growling. The couple looked at each other with a cautious expression on their face, slowly they turned around and saw a white wolf with red and yellow eyes. Shela and Dean got up from the swing and backed away it growled as it walked closer.

"Dean," Shela said. "Any ideas?"

"I think it's a wolf," Dean said, reaching for his dagger.

"Thank you so much sherlock, I can see that it's a wolf!" Shela exclaimed sarcastically. Suddenly the wolf jumped at them baring its teeth. Dean grabbed Shela and both moved out of the way as the wolf nearly bit them. Making sure that Shela was safe, Dean pulled out his dagger and struck at the wolf's arm. It yowled in pain as steam appeared from the wound, the minute Dean saw that, he knew immediately what it was.

"Shit, it's a hybrid," Dean said. As the wolf landed and growled at the couple. Though as Shela had felt scared she heard a voice in her head.

"Hello Shela," said the voice. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Who is this?" Shela questioned in her mind trying to focus on the task at hand.

"Oh no one, just an old friend wishing you good luck staying alive," the voice said. Before Shela could say anything else they were cut off.

"Shela look out!" Dean exclaimed causing Shela to snap out of her thoughts and saw the hybrid attacking. She jumped out of the way only for the wolf to run into one of the trees. Shaking it's head it growled and turned back into a vampire with blonde hair and yellow-red eyes.