Chapter 5

//Oh shit, did I just update a week later instead of a year later? I did. Ya boi had a day off and was motivated to write. Onto chapter 5 (revised)

~The following day~ (i miss those squigglies)

You woke up in a panic as you made the sudden realization. Your (mom/dad/parents) were home. The puncture wounds were still on your neck from the night before. You could wear a scarf to hide it.. But that would be suspicious. Not only were you inside, but the weather wasn't cold. You paced around your room, worried about the consequences and the questions you would be asked. "Y/n, what's wrong?" You suddenly heard a familiar voice ask. Looking into the corner of your room, it was Kanato.

The male slightly tilted his head to the side as he waited for a response. Raising your voice, but staying at a whisper you spoke, "You, that's what's wrong" Your words were harsh, but you couldn't let your parents hear. The last thing they needed was to think their child was talking to nothing. "My (parent[s]/mom/dad) is/are home and I have no idea how they/she/he will react to this!" you continued, pointing to the wounds on your neck. He looked down, tears welled in his eyes as he began to clutch onto the bear tightly.

Realizing your actions, your expression began to soften. Walking over towards him, you embraced him into a warm hug. It wasn't long before his arms wrapped around you in return. "Listen Kanato.. I'm sorry.. I just don't want them/him/her to freak out" you said. He broke away from the hug and then shrugged as he replied, "Just lie then. Say something broke and it caused you to get injured" You scoffed slightly while you rolled your eyes, "As if that would explain nearly two perfect holes. That lie isn't really believable." you nearly mumbled.

"Then just cover it with a bandage. They won't see the wound then" He suggested. You smiled, thanking him as you kissed him gently on the cheek. Without thinking you then decided to pat him softly on the head. He shook his head harshly, knocking your hand off of him with a frown. Unsure of what to say, you went to the bathroom and decided to clean the wound carefully. Of course, it stung like a bitch. Once the worst was over, you covered it up with some medical tape and gauze. It covered up the wound nicely. Exiting the bathroom you heard your parent(s) gasp, covering a hand over their mouth(s).

Letting out a nervous laugh, you froze. They took your arm and raised their voice, "Y/n, what happened?!" You got your hand out of their grip as you spoke, "Sorry, i dropped a cup this morning, it shattered and a shard cut the surface of my beck" You said, worried that it wasn't believable. All you got was a small sigh of relief as they exited the room. You sighed yourself before laying down on the bed, taking a moment to relax.

This was the exact reason why you didn't want him to bite you. You had a feeling that something like this was going to happen. Normally you wouldn't lie to them.. But it was the only way to get out of a long impossible story. A story that they wouldn't believe. Imagine that conversation. "Oh, a vampire named Kanato bit me. Not only that, but he's from that anime that i watch all the time!" Yeah, might as well begin packing the bags now.

~Next day~

Waking up, your neck was still searing with pain. Out of all the times he had to feed, couldn't he have waited until the weekend? Letting out a long sigh you realized that you needed to get ready for school. Fortunately, uniforms weren't a thing so you decided to just put on something comfortable. As long as it wasn't inappropriate or showed too much skin, it was allowed. That also includes no inappropriate words on the clothing as well.

You got into your clothing and then checked the bandage on your neck. Going to the bathroom, you decided to change it. You posed in the mirror for a moment before smiling. It was just another day. Another day being wasted on long highschool classes. Sighing, you grabbed your backpack and headed down the stairs. Getting up on your own was something that you often did. Not that you really needed anyone else getting you up.

You decided to make some toast since it was technically bad to skip breakfast. Taking a bite, you put on your shoes and began to head out the door. Walking down the sidewalk, you saw Kanato up ahead. With the toast still in your mouth, you jogged up to him. It was like Yui's first day at highschool all over again. Standing in front of him, he leaned in, kissing your cheek.

You tried to pat his head again, but just like last night.. REJECTED. You frowned slightly at his actions and decided to hug him instead, hoping it might change his mood a little. He smiled a little as he returned the hug. Smiling you decided to kiss his cheek as he did before. Nodding a little as a signal, you both began to walk down the sidewalk.

Kanato was extremely quiet the entire way there. Then out of nowhere, he grasped your hand. You felt your face flush as it turned into 50 shades of red. Nobody would usually talk to you because of your anime obsession, so the topic of dating never really came around. This is really the first time someone held your hand outside of a parent or a friend. For now.. You can only imagine what your friends are going to say when you arrive at class.