(4) ANASTASIA ❤

Friendship is like a flower which blossoms in the season of need

Sana mahin
__________________________________

His house emits an inviting warmth, with a living room adorned by a large window offering a picturesque view of a vibrant patio brimming with blossoms

His house emits an inviting warmth, with a living room adorned by a large window offering a picturesque view of a vibrant patio brimming with blossoms. The tranquillity hung in the air, casting a soothing spell. The scent of wood further enveloped the space in a calming embrace.

"Welcome to my sweet home, sweets," he greeted with a respectful bow of his head.

"Thank you, Samar. Your home is truly beautiful," I replied with a smile. A thorough inspection revealed a stark contrast to the household I'd heard about regarding the boys.

"You're most welcome, highness. It's my pleasure to have you here," he jested, provoking a hearty laugh from me. The man certainly knew how to brighten any mood. In his presence, the weight of my burdens seemed to fade.

As we settled in, far from the world of pain and adversity, he suggested, "Let's have a seat, and I'll find something to fill our appetites," before heading towards the kitchen. My gaze lingered on the family photographs.

Samar was a spitting image of his father-happiness radiating from his smiling visage. I pointed to a man standing beside his mother, asking, "Samar, who is he?"

"Oh, that's my brother," he replied.
"Sweets, I wasn't able to fetch anything for us. Normally, my mom takes care of that, but she's away on a business trip, and I usually resort to takeout," he pouted, and my stomach gave an embarrassingly loud growl. I shot him an apologetic look.

"Pizza it is, then. Let's order some," he declared, taking a seat beside me. We made our selections and set the phone aside. I sensed he had questions on his mind, but I was prepared.

"Wait for me a moment; I'll be right back," he said, dashing off to a room. I bit my lip, bracing myself. Samar returned with a first aid kit, settling beside me.

"Now, tell me what happened. Why is your face swollen?" he inquired, concern evident in his voice.

"It's nothing, just a fall down some stairs," I lied, avoiding his gaze. He gently tended to my bruises; his touch soothing. I gripped my hands tightly, fearful of alarming him.

He knew I wasn't being entirely truthful. I couldn't meet his eyes, unwilling to burden him with my family troubles. I couldn't bear his pity. The tears flowed unbidden; the first time I'd let my emotions show since my parents' passing.

"Ana, don't you consider me a friend?" he implored, wiping my tears. I couldn't hold back any longer and embraced him tightly. His reassuring pats on my back made me feel safe, a sense of relief washing over me, akin to being with family.