Chapter Eleven: The Unforgettable Outing

The next morning came quickly, the boys decided to leave the guy locked up and went on about their normal day, I hopped out of bed, brushed my teeth and headed to Katherine's room; as I was about to knock, I heard soft moans and decided not to enter the room, kids these days, I headed downstairs and got a cup of coffee from the machine. I leaned on the counter, enjoying the heavenly scent.

"You're a coffee fan?" My father said startling me, I smiled and watched as he walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

"I didn't know you were back papa, where are the others?" I asked him.

"They're with Alexander." he responded.

"You didn't answer me kiska." He said looking directly at me and I nodded.

"Tequila's in love with coffee, actually if I can remember clearly, she was getting coffee from the shop next to the alley my men killed a man that betrayed me." he said smiling softly; father was in love with mother, I'd admire them every day; the way he'd listen to her attentively when she spoke to him, the way he kissed her hands out of the blue, the way he took her out to dinner every weekend. She wasn't just his wife; she was his best friend. As I thought that, Lucien walked down the stairs with his hair ruffled and his face confused.

"Mr. Kuvan?" he asked.

"Yes Lucien." My father said smiling, Lucien smiled back, he looked at me nodded and went back upstairs.

"Did I ever tell you how I met Tequila?" he asked me.

You can say your mother, father, she is my mother." I told him and his gaze shifted.

"Sorry, I feel guilty sometimes." He said and I held his hand.

"Papa, Tequila is my mother, no other woman can give me that love and protection she has provided for me over the years and I will forever love her for that." I told him and he smiled.

"Now tell me the real story." I continued as I sat on the counter.

"Like I said, she witnessed my men kill a man and she ran, she went home and locked up and pretended like she didn't just witness a murder. They followed her and they brought her to me; I was already set to kill whoever witnessed killing by my men, I show no mercy." My father said in his macho voice.

"They threw her onto the ground and I already had my gun cocked to kill but when she looked up at me, Diana sweetheart, when I saw her, I saw you; beautiful brown eyes, luscious hair, well of course I noticed other features that I wouldn't look at for you but she was perfect, she looked like if she could be your big sister. I asked her name and the moment she spoke, the rudeness was thick, one of my men shouted at her and threw her to the floor because she didn't comply to his boss and I killed him, I killed him because I had a sudden urge to protect your mother."

"Of course, I was quite a dick, she hated me, she really hated me." he said looking puzzled and I chuckled.

"But I wasn't going to let that stop me from protecting her, I took her away from her life to be in mine because I was selfish, have you seen your mother, damn, I'd be greedy, selfish, a dick any day for her. She became my everything, I couldn't sleep without knowing that she's alright but a part of me knew that the way I was treating her, she didn't feel okay at all."

"One night a man came to kill her, take her away from me, the way they took you from me, I caught him before he got to her and he held me at gun point. I was going to die but I preferred the death to be mine than hers. She saw this and she killed that man because he was going to take me away and it was that night that I knew that I was in love with Tequila Macintosh." My father said smiling and I looked at him in awe.