Chapter Eighteen ♡

My loves I missed you so much!
Thank you all for sticking with my story and being patient with my delayed updates!!
I've also added another chapter to Maximus' story (Ruler of Beasts)!
Enjoy!

~.~.~.~

Chapter
Eighteen

   "I hear the King is smitten with some girl," Yasmine said, wiping sweat off her forehead with her palm

"I hear the King is smitten with some girl," Yasmine said, wiping sweat off her forehead with her palm. It was barely noon but the weather was already too cozy, and the kitchen was abuzz with its workers.

"Oh, I wonder who it could be." Juliette answered her thoughtfully, her mind preoccupied with the dough she was kneading. Gregg has finally taught her how to make a tarte, but she wondered if she had memorized the ingredients right as it sticked to her fingers.

"This is not working as I thought it would." She pouted. Peter grinned at her reaction as she struggled to search for Gregg among the crowd. How more than three hundred servants fitted inside the kitchen is beyond her. Yet, it was never difficult for her to spot the carrot-head bossing around his peers.

"Why can't he see me!" Juliette muttered as she jumped up and down for Gregg to rescue her from her baking disaster.

"Maybe because you look like something has bitten you, though I think it's perhaps because you are a little too short."

"Oh you are terrible!" Yasmine said to Peter in response while smacking him with her elbow.

"Ah but you love me anyway." She rolled her eyes, but Juliette couldn't miss the faint blush that crept up her face. She wondered if something new had happened between the two. She was also glad Peter was back to acting normal. He was acting distant after the fight in the kitchen, but it seems he had made up with Gregg.

"You only need to add some flour Jules." Her friend added in amusement, peering up at her hands.

"Oh!" Juliette realized in excitement, she was really sure that baking is going to be one of her hobbies once she learned the basics.

"Gregg seems so busy today." Peter muttered, eyeing his cousin at the far side of the room. She and Yasmine decided to join the cooks today and since Peter had some time off, he was hanging out with them.

"Well of course he would be. Don't you ever hear the latest gossips? The kingdom is buzzing with the news! King Maximus is even throwing a buffet for the occasion!"

"Is it related with the Noirsèmers?
I've heard they left the castle empty handed." Juliette has started to get familiar with the kingdom's whereabouts from spending so much time with Yasmine and some of her friends. Apparently, Noirsèmer is a neighboring kingdom on the east of Volkeï, previously known for having tensed relation with her own country. They were even dead enemies at some point and declared war against each other around twenty years ago. According to Yasmine's sources, some of the royals visited to have some agreement with the King, but it seems he is not willing to co-operate.