𝚏𝚒𝚕𝚎 0𝟹: 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

btw i'm making bucky somewhere around 26-28 :)

"𝚂𝚘, 𝚊 𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝?" 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊 questioned as she picked up the file on Perseus Jackson.

"You hired a teenage terrorist? The guy who beat us single-handedly is a teenage terrorist?" Stark asked disbelievingly. Switching tone, he said "Yeah, great job Fury, another great hire. Wonder if this one's HYDRA too."

"Can we stop using the term 'teenage terrorist,' please!" asked Barton, who seemed the most visibly shaken by the file lying on the table in front of him. He was staring at the manila folder like it was venomous, like if he moved it would strike him

Fury's frown deepened slightly; perhaps the two had a closer relationship than he realized. Barton shouldn't be reacting this way, or, glancing towards Natalia, perhaps he should be. She seemed to be equally as shaken but instead of rejecting the folder, she was diving into it, scanning the information with a glower, her fingers gripping the edges so tightly that he knew they were permanently warped.

This is going to be a lovely meeting, Fury thought to himself. Yippee.

    ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ .-- --- ..- .-.. -..

ʀᴏꜱᴇꜱ .-. --- ... . ...

   ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ? -... .-.. --- --- --

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚞𝚙 screaming, recollections of the final battle of the Titan war ricocheting off the walls of her brain. Clenching her sheets, she inhaled deeply, four seconds of stuttered breath, and then held it for four. Still holding back her sobs as much as possible, she exhaled for four and then held for four. She repeated this until she was able to get through four cycles without breaking a pattern.

It felt like she had spent hours in this unfamiliar room until she was able to breathe normally, but only 21 minutes had passed. It was still strange, as it normally took her 5 minutes or less to calm down. Physically shrugging her shoulders, she contributed the difficulty to her new environment. This is why Percy didn't sleep on missions.

Technically, since she was a god, albeit a temporary one, she didn't need sleep. Still, she rejected all of the benefits of being a god in her mundane life and only used them in necessary moments, like work. Minus a few. Percy couldn't deny that being genderfluid was much easier when one was literally just a bundle of energy that could be reshaped whenever. It was also hella useful on missions. The ones without SHIELD oversight, of course.

Glancing at the clock, she noticed it was around 3 am. Hopefully the men-children in spandex would be asleep by now. Resolving herself to start her day early, she cleared her throat and said, "Hey Jarvi-" before cutting herself off to reshape her form, thinking, Oh this will be a fun surprise, and then continuing, "Ah, much better. Hey Jarvis can you lead me to the kitchen?"

"Of course, Agent Jackson."

Percy grinned at the AI's tact, and added a point to her mental rating of Stark.

"Percy is fine, Jarvis."

"Alright, Miss Percy." She giggled, walking out of her room and bumping into the solid chest of one James Buchanan Barnes.

"Wasn't expecting to see you here, James."

He blinked, probably momentarily confused at the seemingly unidentified stranger walking out of Percy's room. Still, though, it only took him a few seconds to recognize Percy in a more feminine form.