Jily one shots; Sirius's smirk

Another one shot! This one takes place in their 7th year as well! I got the idea to this one from a post online so giving them partial creds for the idea.

Disclaimer: Characters as well as the setting belong to J.K. Rowling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily POV

I sat in transfiguration trying to focus on Professor McGonagall's lesson, but it was awfully hard with Potter and Black whispering to each other a few seats ahead of me. I don't know what McGonagall was thinking letting those two within three feet of each other. But eventually, she was getting annoyed with their antics.
"Mr.Potter and Mr. Black! Since you do seem to enjoy talking so much perhaps you would like to join me for a little chat later?" Both of them silently shook their heads. "I should think not. Now, Mr.Black would you kindly move to the open seat next to Ms. Evans so you are not tempted to speak to Mr. Potter again." Sirius lazily picked up his stuff and dragged it to the seat beside me.
" 'Ello Evans. Fancy seeing you here." he muttered quietly, his voiced laced with sarcasm.
"Black, would you mind shutting up? I actually came here to learn." I snapped quickly and quietly, praying McGonagall wouldn't notice.
"You don't think I came here to learn? Tut-tut, Lily, you shan't make assumptions you have no proof of." He replied with a mock disapproving tone.
"Oh I've got plenty of proof." I muttered under my breath. Sirius quietly tutted again and actually didnt bother me for a while.
"Alright everyone, you'll pair up with the person across the aisle from you and practice the spell I have just given you." Professor said purposefully, shooting me an almost sympathetic glance. Then I turned to Sirius slowly and begrudgingly.
After a few minutes of both of us getting the spell down rather quickly, to my surprise I might add. I awkwardly sat there for a while finding myself staring at the back of Potter's head. His hair does look rather soft, I thought drifting. He was laughing with some pretty Ravenclaw girl. I felt myself burn briefly. I wasn't .......jealous, was I? Ever since James and I had become heads together, I have been feeling strange around him. What if- I shook my head. Then a thought occurred to me.
"Sirius, what were you and Ja-Potter talking about earlier?"
"Why so curious, Evans? Actually, come to think of it, I don't really remember talking to a Ja-Potter." he replied not even looking up from inspecting his hands.
"Oh hush up you know what I meant. He didn't -er- say anything-" I stumbled around the words when Sirirus interrupted me.
"About you? Oh dear Lily, if that's all you wanted to know, you Gould have just asked. Come to think of it you two should just snog each other already, I'm getting awfully tired of you two making goggley eyes at each other." he finishes with a smirk.
"You- hmpff." I huffed and stared straight ahead. Many of the groups were still working so it seemed Sirius and I had free time. I accidentally let my thought wonder once again and found that they had landed on Potter yet again. I stared at him unconsciously when I when I saw Sirius smirking out of the corner of my eye.
"Shut it, Black." I growled glaring at him with a pink tinge flooding my cheeks.
" Why, Evans, I haven't said a word."
"Perhaps not, but you have that look."
"Mm? And what would that be?" he says turning towards me.
" The 'I'm-Sirius-Black-and-I-think-I-know-everything' look."
"Is that so?" he replied his smirk growing. I only glared in reply.
"Bugger off Black." I say packing my things as McGonagall tells us we are dismissed. I try to leave the class as quickly as possible but Black walks over to James before I leave. I linger a fraction of a second longer curious and slightly terrified Sirius was going to tell him. I see Sirius talking with that stupid smirk plastered to his face and James grinning at his words. I turn to leave but mistakingly look over my shoulder at the pair. This is just enough time for Sirius to smirk at me and for James to wink at me with a grin on his face.