Chapter 9- Visitor

Katrina, Wanda, and Pietro headed down to the meting a minute after Steve did.  Wanda sat next to Vision while Katrina sat next to Nat. A new man beside thaddeus Ross and his aids was here. He spotted her as he sat next to her.

"James Rhode." He introduced himself.

"Katrina Richard." She said shaking his hand. She saw Thaddeus glare.

"I'm war machine"

"I guess you can call me-" She though for a second "Dynamo, I guess."

"I like it." James said with a nod.

Then Thaddeus began speaking seeing everyone was in the room. Pietro stood behind Wanda his hands on her shoulders.

"Five years ago,  I had a heart attack... and dropped right in the middle of my backswing." He mimicked the motion making Katrina roll her eyes. "Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery, and a triple bypass...I found something 40 years in the army had never taught me." She saw Rhodes straighten at this.

"War vet." Katrina decided in her mind. 

"Perspective." The secretary continued to drone. "The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt."

Katrina could barely control herself from scoffing at this. "Hell yeah they do. I haven't be here long but they and I kick ass all the mother fucking time." She though angrily.  Her main reason was she wanted to right the wrong and protect people, not for recognition or for fam but when someone said something she had to agree.

"You have fought for us... protected us, risked your lives.  But while a great many sees you as heroes.... there are some, who would prefer the word, vigilantes."

"And what word would you use mr. Secretary?" nat asked glaring ever so slightly at the man.

"How about dangerous? What would call, a bunch of US-based enhanced individuals," He put emphacice on enhanced when he glance at Katrina, Pietro and Wanda, the most visably enhanced except maybe Steve but he didn't have powers unless you called being ripped a super power. " Who routinely ignore sovereign borders, where ever they choose, and who frankly don't seem to care about what they leave behind?" he asked.

Katrina glared. " We do care very much. We stay behind to help. a send crews to help after. Don't we?" Katrina snapped. Nat put a hand on her arm warning her. Katrina shut her mouth before she could start swearing the man out.

He ignored her as he signaled to one of his aids. he moved away as a world map showed up with yellow pins here and there.

"New York." He muttered and a video of New York pulled up.

It showed Hulk destroying an ailien into a building, which rained huge debirs onto the camera. Katrina had heard about it but had been far away when it happened. She saw multiple of the group wince at this.

"Washignton D.C." He continued in the low, grave voice.

The video pulled up the three hellicairres firing at each other. Then the destruction of the SHEILD building, then aone of the hellicaires hitting the water swamping people in water and the camera went dark.

"Sokovia." He said

The camera was shaky as people ran away from the flying city. She had also hear about this. But the Avengers had saved the world from ending in a large bang. She saw buildings falling on the flying city. 

The he said the city she didn't want to hear "Lagos"

She saw the fire and smoke coming from the building. She saw it collpase. She even saw her team trying to rescue people. She spotted herself coming in and out with people. A stab of saddness went through her heart as she saw the medics rushing around trying to save as many people as possible. She looked down along with Wanda and Pietro.

"Okay, that's enough." Steve ordered and the screen went blank.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimitted power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But, I think we have a solution." He turned to one of the aids who handed him a thick paper book. he set it on the table and slid it slowly to Wanda. Pietro looked over her shoulder as he continued.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries. It states, that the Avengers, shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they will operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel." he said as Wanda slid the book over to James. Wanda looked confused.

"Only when and if that panel deems it neccesary."

"the Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place." Steve began "I feel we've done that."

"Tell me Captain. Do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" Ross asked continuing his pasing.

"They have their own lives." Katrina snapped for Steve, as James passed her the book. She didn't even look as she passed it to Natasha.

"If I misplaced a couple 30 megaton nukes you bet there be consquences." He told her turning.

"Yes, but nukes are nukes. Banner and Thor are humans. We don't misplace them, when they are full grown adults knowing how to control and fend for themselves."

Thaddeus didn't answer as he turned. She saw Pietro give her a small smile at her analagie.

"Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works." He continued. "Believe me, this is the middle ground." He said pointing to the Accords which were now back with James at the front of the table.

"So, there are contingencies." James said touching the book with his finger tips as he spoke.

"Three days from now the UN meets in Vienna, to ratify the Accords. Talk it over." Thaddeus said before walking towards the door to leave.

"And if we don't come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha asked talking for the first time since the began of the meeting.

"Then you retire." He stated.

Natasha gave a small smile at this before going straight faced.

Then Thaddeus left the room his aids following.

It took a few minutes before everyone got up and one by one, with the exception of Wanda, Pietro and Katrina who left together. They went to the living room. They sat together and the floor. Pietro Sat letting Wanda lean against him. he played with her hair mindlessly. Katrina did the d=Same to wand but laid down with her head on her leg. She played with Wanda's hand while she played with her hair. In her other hand was Pietro's.