Chapter four

Kato woke up to an abrupt knock on her apartment door. She grabbed the knife, and snuck over to the wall. Another knock. She got ready to attack if she needed too. "Kato cmon, we dont have all day" came Onyx's voice.  Kato sighed in relief and ran her fingers through her hair. She tucked her knife in her waistband and opened the door. "Hello." she said. Onyx smiled "hi" Kato brushed her hair out of her face and grabbed her sketchbook. "Let's go." she said and brushed past him. "I'll just close the door." he said awkwardly

As they walked down the street she got a glimpse of the tower. She sketched as she walked down the street. As she got to the doors she handed Onyx her sketchbook. "Ill just be a few minutes." Onyx nodded and motioned that he was going down the street. She knocked on the doors and they opened. She stepped in the tower and walked into the entire Avengers in a meeting. She stopped short. They all stopped talking and looked amongst each other. "Hello." Kato said nervously. Tony stark crossed his arms. "And can we help you?" Kato looked around nervously. Widow and Bucky were staring at her, and the others were looking amongst themselves or at Tony. "Um. Im Kato, my uncle told me that you guys would want to talk to me when i got to Midgard?" Tony looked at Steve. "Who's your uncle?" Steve asked. Natasha muffled a snicker and Stephen looked at Steve with a disappointed look. "Midgard? You're Loki's daughter, right?" he said. Kato nodded nervously. "Ohh, like Loki as in like the dark magician who's been trying to take over the world for centuries?" Scott Lang said sarcastically. Kato looked at Tony nervously. "Don't answer that. Thor asked us to keep an eye on you, so we will" Tony said and he pointed at Peter. "Spider boy here will check in on you at your apartment every now and then, alright? and in case of an emergency call the tower. Someone will answer." Tony nodded and clapped his hands. Peter looked at her for a while and she smiled at him. "Thank you. Nice meeting you." She waved and walked out. She walked down the street and met up with Oryx. He handed her sketchbook back and they walked back to the tower together. 

Kato left the door open as to invite Oryx in. He stepped in nervously. Kato turned all the lights on and walked into the kitchen. Oryx closed the door and trailed behind her. 
"Whatcha doing?" he asked nervously. Kato didn't answer while she grabbed pasta and pans. "Do you mind helping me? ive never done this." she asked. Oryx nodded and turned the stove on, showing her what temperature to put it on, and how to cook the pasta.  "Would you care for a bowl?" Kato asked as she sat down at the counter. "I should be heading back down to work. But i'll check in tomorrow." he smiled and said goodbye. 
 Kato wondered what it was about him that felt so strange, but so familiar.