𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Haze-colored clouds overspread the dull somber sky as a red ruby figure ran swiftly within a charred woodland. Gasping for breath, he ran eagerly constant, omitting scorched paw prints behind, ignoring a satchel and amulet thumping near his side. That sinful fool shall pay, he bitterly thought frequently, abruptly halting at the ragged edge of a steep hill, hearing a familiar voice bark out his notable name in grave distress.

"Norick," it huffed. Instantaneously emerging out of the dank mist was a young, gaunt wolf with stone fur, appearing miserable and frightened. Breathing gradually, the adolescent wolf trudged onward toward him, till pausing halfway, his frail body shaking in oppressive pain when he collapsed. "Your remaining group still stands," he wheezed. Forcing himself off the ground with a ghastly grimace crossing his face, exerting his final feasible strength through his battered body, concluding he has been in a scrimmage.

"Minix," Norick bustled over, anxious. Catching the languished juvenile by his side as he staggered to stand upright on all fours.

"I'm here to...inform you, my mentor," the young one spoke softly, breathing becoming more faltering. "I merely... survived crossing the... treacherous route of fire... and mortal foes. It may have-"

"Been imprudent," an irked voice interrupted the youngster. Fury attaining first before examining the youthful physical necessities. "One code out of fifty acknowledges that every traveler of one individual shall have at least two dedicated comrades to ensure protection or use. You've broken that code, especially during crises of an aroused assassin."

Norick rebuked, eyes narrowing directly at Minix's crestfallen expression from his ill-considered preference. 'I'll have to restrain him until this disaster is over. I Can't have lives lost than it has started, which means I can't require mourning or infuriating as a leader.' He sighed, mounting his eyes to the hazy air, then at Minix's slumped figure. They kept quiet, along with the still atmosphere that reeked with gore and smog, sustained after they had delivered a sympathetic fraternal-like apology simultaneously.

"I'm sorry."

"No, there's no need to be more lenient than I'm, Norick," Minix stated in deference. "A loyal apprentice such as I'm should never have left the side of troubled teammates. And, I shall reason my lapse." He commenced to sit up uneasily, losing a portion of his consciousness.

"Conserve your energy, Minix," Norick fretted, pressing his shoulder down gently to sit back on the ground. With each shift of movement, Minix would groan in discomfort, straying away from his destroyed world. He can't die! I can't tolerate having another close associate die like the other, not like her. Norick panicked, beginning to scrutinize any physical impairments; heart pulverized in the grief of his close apprentice slipping away per minute. If only I managed to retain my temper, I would've had him healed by now, handed over by our caregiver also.

"What...how-what has struck you," he gasped. As he Immediately, rummaged through his satchel for any therapeutic supplies. Pulling out from its hoard position, he explicitly holds out a green stone with red spots, anticipations rising as he gingerly placed it on Minix's puncture wound. Nothing, neither hints of mitigation nor slight movement from Minix.

"I-I can't...f-f-fix this, w-why is that," he sobbed out, wretched by the sight of Minix's condition.

"It's okay, Norick...save the others," Minix said in a shuddering voice, pressing his gore wound, bloodshot eyes urging him to close. "I had volunteered to pass a message while our group was busy in combat. They told me, '"If you're struggling to seek the talisman and amulet, they'll meet you at any current area you stand.'" He lastly ended his report, tears streaming down his pale muzzle, grappling for one last breath.