Chapter 2 I First Day

Dakota Millers POV:

My alarm went off at 6:45 sadly. As I started waking up I made my bed and grabbing everything I needed to use to get ready. Setting all my stuff on the counter I began getting in the shower. After I used all my coconut vanilla scented shower products and got out of the shower I began doing my skincare. Then I did some makeup so even if it is a bad day I'll look good while it happens. 

When my hair started drying I finished it with a hair dryer and gave it a wanna be blowout so my hair would be pretty. Since I finished doing all my makeup and stuff I finally had to go pick an outfit out. As I threw all my clothes all over my room trying to decide an outfit I landed on a a basic outfit.

Authors Note: I searched for 2 hours to find an outfit this is basic but it's cutie enough so it is what it is pookies Pinterest was failing me

When I made my way down the stairs I heard my mom yell out for me "I made you breakfast honey it's on the table." 

"Thanks mom," I say as I run down the stairs, 

On the table waiting was pancakes and fruit with some bacon. It smelt so good while I sat down and ate mom came down and made coffee while we talked about my new school. After I washed my hands I grabbed my bag and keys before saying goodbye to mom. 

Pulling into my new school it was huge, it looked like a college compared to my old school. All the cars that filled the parking lot made it look even larger. While I parked in a spot making sure to not ding anyones doors I grabbed my bag and left for my first class. 

As I entered the class I took a seat in the middle dropping my bag and relaxing into my chair. The bell hadn't rang so I pulled my phone out and texted my old group chat since they had been texting me nonstop with good wishes at my new school. Before I could finish anything the teacher came by and snatched my phone. 

"No phones in class ms-," she stopped and gave me a confused look "you are?" 

"Dakota," I  say with a slight smile " I'm sorry the bell hadn't rung so I thought it would be fine." 

"In my class there is no phones at all," she says with a glare and walks away. While she walked away I heard girls behind me snicker I turned gave them a slight glare and sat back in my seat. Great first class. 

1st period was a bust. The teacher hated me and those boring girls behind me. While I walked to my next class I accidentally ran into someone. 

" My bad," I say looking up at him.

"Your good," he said looking back at me, before turning back "Your the girl who got her phone taken away," 

"Yeah" I said awkwardly as a blush crept on my face. 

"Yea Mrs. Bryant is a bitch," he said before turning on his foot and leaving. 

2nd period was nothing special just sat there and went over paper work and syllabuses. Everything was the same in each class pretty much before we got to 4th period. The teacher was one of the teachers who has you taking assignments on the first day. She also said to be prepared on a welcome back quiz on Friday. 

After I finished my assignment I zoned out for the rest of class. The teacher continued his rant on whatever as I prayed for lunch to come faster. While I waited I looked at the people around me lots of smart people in the front. No shock for an AP class, then finally the bell rung as everyone filed out of the room a girl stopped me.