part five

fuck shit fuck shit what do i do?

kokichi's hands started to quake. his breathing sped up. before he did anything, he had to delete the rest of his pictures. after about another 5 minutes, kokichi finally had the strength to answer the boy. he clicked, accepting the message.

oh god what will it say? 'y r u stalking me?' or maybe 'creep'

kokichi felt like crying. but...he didn't know why. he had only know rantaro for a day or two? so, why was he so worried about his opinion? kaede and shuuichi were his first friends. the ones who first reached out to him. did rantaro only talk to him because he knocked him over? was he just guilting him?

another ping of the phone caught his attention.

hey kokichi (seen)

u gonna leave me on read? (seen)

oh shit i left him on read...

kokichi quickly started typing in his answer.

...

kokichi had spent all night just learning about the boy. he enjoyed photography, hanging out with his friends, cooking, and spending time with his cat, ayano. the boy was just fascinating. he didn't match his appearance at all yet he also matched it so well. he was so charming and sweet.

...

"hey kokichi, me, kaede, and kaito were going to hang out later this week, wanna tag along?" shuuichi asks.

"sure! i'll just meet you at your house?" 

"sounds good." shuuichi confirmed.

they both sat down in their homeroom, kaede later joining them.

class passed with nothing entertaining happening. the trio walked down the main hall, until shuuichi had to go to biology. they waved to him and kept on walking.

"so how did you and shuuichi start dating?" kokichi asked, trying to break the silence that fell between the two.

"oh, well we were neighbors growing up. we grew up as friends, and one day it kinda just happened. not very extravagant or fancy, but it's perfect for us." she smiled. "have you ever dated anyone kokichi?"

kokichi tensed, not expecting to be asked a question so personal.

"oh, nope. supreme leaders don't have time for romance."

"oh, that's kinda sad...you know, my mother says love will strike every single one of us. we can't run from it, no matter how much we try to deny it, it will always find us. maybe it just hasn't found you yet?" kaede said.

"pfft, your so sappy kaede. like i said, i have no time for love. just like you have no time to get to class." kokichi said, pointing at the clock hung on the wall.

"oh shoot! see you later kokichi!" she yelled, running to her class.

kokichi entered mathematics, sat down, and completely started tuning out everything. he thought about what kaede said. he didn't need love. he didn't even need friends. love is overrated anyways.

...

the trio was reunited once again as they all walked home.

"we are going to the mall with kaito. you know the one by the preschool?"

"um...i've lived here for 4 days shuuichi."

"okay okay, i can give you a ride."

i hate malls. they are so boring.