Revelation

Me and mom were sitting in a coffee bar. The day was sunny and quiet so we took a table outside.
I told mum about everything: the dream, the footsteps, great-grandmother. She wasn't surprised.
- Did you know personally that guy Luke? - she asked me.
- Yes, me and Vincent lived together with his girlfriend for a few months. You know that. This is the same guy.
- I think I know why you dreamt of having a baby in your hands while he was watching at you.
- Why? - I rushed to say.
- You helped him see his woman and daughter. For him, you and the baby were them.
I froze.
- Oh my god! - I exalted.
- But why me? We weren't that close.
- Because of your great-grandmother, probably. - she replied.
- Okay, tell me everything you know. - I was so curious.
- My grandmother was a sensitive person. She could see things that the others couldn't. No one was believing her and her powers but she was confident with me and I always believed her. I was about 16 years old and we were drinking a coffee together when she asked if she can read my future by looking at my coffee cup. I finished it and gave it to her. She looked inside the cup and said:
- You are going to be married soon, my child.
I laughed, of course. I was only 16 and I wasn't dating anyone. But not long from that day I met your father and as you know we married each other.

This gave me shivers.

But she was continuing:
- The last time I gave her to read my coffee you were already born. She then told me that I was going to have a baby soon. As you can suppose, not long from then, I got pregnant with your brother. Since then I no longer wanted her to read my cup, only because I didn't want to know what my future holds. I was also astonished by all of this because I couldn't explain it to myself how was this possible. I mean, how can someone see your future. It is so sinister.

On this I agreed with mum.

- But what about you? Do you have any "powers"? - I asked her.
- I only have dreams sometimes. I no longer have them, though. I guess there is no need.

-Tell me! - I was so excited.

She began:
- Me and my grandfather Blago were very close. I was his favourite grandchild. I was named after him (Blaga). You were a little child when he passed away. The day before the funeral they dressed him and put him in the coffin. The night before the funeral I dreamt of him. He would smile to me and take off his cap. He was always wearing his cup. Then he put it again on his head.
The next day I told my grandmother about my dream and she immediately remembered that they forgot to put on him his cap. There was definitely a connection between me and grandpa. I dreamt of him again. He was leaving the house and I followed him to the front door and asked him where he was going? He replied: "I am going to a really sad place".

- But why a sad place? - I asked.
- I don't know. - mum said.

- Mum, I'm named as great-grandma as you're named after great-grandpa. Could there be a connection? Could this be the reason why I feel like great-grandma is with me all the time? And do you think she wants to tell me something? And why now?

- It is really hard to say, why this is happening to you. But you shouldn't worry. Just follow the signs. She could be just protecting you, like a guardian angel. - she smiled as she took my hand.

-Okay then. - I frowned.

- I'll tell you another one. - she said.
- My grandma was still alive. That was after grandpa's death. Grandma was cooking something in the oven, but she fell asleep. The oven started to burn and the entire room was covered in smoke. But somehow grandma managed to get out before it was late. She told me that it was grandpa who saved her. She said she saw him taking her out of the room. She said: - I don't care if anyone believes me, I know it was Blago who came to save me.

- Wow! - I only managed to say.

My mum looked sad now.
- It's such a pity that she wasn't buried next to his grave.

Then I received an insight.

-That's it! Mum, I think great-grandma wants to be transferred next to great-grandpa! That must be it, because I don't have another explanation! Wouldn't it be great!