RED VALENTINES🌹PART 2

I really appreciate your comments on the first part of The Red Valentines, y'all motivated me to write more. Feel free to follow me on wattpad,share,vote nad comment!
And if you haven't read part 1, please do so.

Enjoy :)

__________________________________

WHO IS THE MURDER SUSPECT?

  Kadzo woke up to find herself in a familiar room, it was not her bedroom though. The random scribbled paintings hanging on the wall jolted her memory, it was her old bedroom back in her mother's house. She remembered arriving at her mother's house around 2 am and upon seeing her mother, she fell into her arms and wept bitterly. Her mother, without any questions, directed Kadzo to where her daughter, Rukia, was sleeping. Kadzo then lay besides her daughter and cuddled with her, she bit her lips not to wake Rukia. In grief, there's the pain of losing someone that you love and knowing that you are never going to feel their presence again and there's the pain of feeling guilty and responsible for the death of your beloved, Kadzo felt them both. The thoughts of having slaughtered Alec chocked her soul so she cried her pain out. When her eyes could no longer tear, she wept with her heart until she fell asleep.

   The golden sun rays kissed her cheeks which were flowing with tears. She watched her daughter who was sleeping peacefully beside her. Rukia has never resembled her father more than today, her eye brows were thick and dark like her father's, their noses were identical and her long slender face was undeniable from her father's. The previous night was still a blur but the pain inside her was still fresh, blazing silently. The police officers had asked her to drop by the station in the morning to identify Alec's body and to also give her statement. She was hesitant about it because she knew the actual story but the twist in it puzzled her.

   "Kadzo, breakfast in bed?" Her mother, who was standing at the door with a tray of food, asked.
There were scrambled eggs, boiled sweet potatoes and hot black tea with a pungent and spicy aroma of ginger. She woke up Rukia and together,the three of them, had breakfast in bed or rather, she tried to put something in her mouth but nothing managed to pass down her throat. Kadzo never talked of Alec's death to neither her daughter nor her mother, well at least until the right time came. Her mother then prepared Rukia for school and asked her home driver to drive them to school but Kadzo insisted on taking her daughter on her own. After all, she had to go to the police station afterwards.

   "What did you learn yesterday?"

  "Eerr...we learnt about addition and subtraction and I got everything when the teacher gave us an exercise and...and...Madam Were taught us a song about a human body. I'll sing it for you; head, shoulders, knees..."

   Her daughter's excitement and the way she passionately talked about learning made her smile. She was so innocent and full of life. In that moment, she made a little prayer, she prayed that her daughter would never turn out like her. She prayed that she would be surrounded by faithful people who would only shower her with pure love and happiness.

   Kadzo hugged Rukia tightly, feeling her daughter's love lessen the burden in her heart.
   "Mommy, I'll be late for class,"
Kadzo chuckled and gave Rukia a peck as she said goodbye to her. She watched her jump in excitement towards her classmates and disappearing into her classroom. She then pulled out her phone and dialled her boss' number to ask her for permission to miss work to grief for her husband. She was told to take some time off work until everything was settled. She then started the engine and headed to the police station.

   Agent Maria was the one handling the case, she received Kadzo and asked her if she was ready. They drove to Coast Province General Hospital Mortuary where Alec's body post mortem was done. Her fears awoke the moment she stepped inside the mortuary, she was actually here to see the body of her dead husband whom she murdered. Thin lines of sweat formed on her forehead, she started feeling uncomfortably hot despite of the low temperatures in the mortuary. Her legs became heavy and her brain started torturing her with the events of the previous night at Mijikenda hotel. She gathered all her courage and walked to where Alec's body was. The lifeless body with uneven cuttings on the throat and the stomach magnified her pain and left her heart and soul more scarred.