Untitled Part 6

Rowen:

Magnolia pulled the massive suburban into the beautiful gates of the ski club. She told us there were hotels and places in the main village, but her family was a member of a private ski club, and we had rented out houses there.

It was beautiful. The snow was falling gently, and the sun had sunk behind the mountains. The lights from the houses and the cars lit up the snow so it sparkled.

"I can drop y'all off at your houses, but my mom is making dinner at ours, so please come tonight," Magnolia said as her eyes watched the road carefully.

"Food?" Caspian said while perking up from the back.

I had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes. That boy ate more food than anyone else I knew.

I had met Nola's Family before, but this was going to be a new experience. I knew she had offhandedly told me she had a slightly dysfunctional family (seems to be a common occurrence with those with wealth) but it had to be nothing like what I was used to. A home cooked meal was a luxury that no matter how much money my family brought in, we couldn't afford.

Magnolia slowed the car to a stop outside a beautiful ski house. It was wooden and modern at the same time, and a pile of luggage was sitting on the porch.

"This seems to be the Fernadez's residence," She joked while climbing out of the car to help everyone else out. The car was so tightly packed with people that half of us practically fell straight out of the car.

Matteo and Ivy made their way into the house, lugging their luggage in the door.

"Hey!" Magnolia said standing on the ledge of the car, shouting over it to get their attention. "I'll pick y'all up at 6:30 for dinner!"

They nodded and she sank back into the car.

"6:30? That's fairly early," I commented.

She shrugged, and then looked at me through the rearview mirror, "Rowen, I think you're forgetting I have 3 younger siblings. We go to bed early, eat early, and wake up early every single day. I promise you, we will be up at 6:30 tomorrow, and plan to leave to ski at 8:30."

Ruby nodded vigorously, "It's true. Her family is actually crazy. If you sleep in until 8:30 when you're at her house it's like you've committed a crime. Her sister, Annie, wakes up at 4:30 to work out with their mom every day."

"Your mom does the same thing!" Nola accused.

Ruby crossed her arms definitely, "Nola. Tell me honestly, have you ever slept in later than the people at my house when you sleepover?"

"No..." she muttered.

Ruby shrugged, "Point proven."

I wanted to laugh at how they interacted with each other, bickering like children. I liked Ruby. I thought she was going to be a good addition to this little band of rascals. We dropped Laurent and India off in the "only child home". God only knows they would spend the entire time talking about clothing or drinking champagne.

We drove a little down the way, and pulled up to another building that was slightly larger.

"Alright, here's your place," Magnolia said and smiled at me.

We all climbed out of the car, and Caspian made his way to the door.

I grabbed Magnolia, almost slipping on the ice, and quickly pulled her to me for a kiss.

She looked utterly beautiful, her green eyes sparkling with excitement and her blonde hair decorated with snowflakes. Her nose was slightly pink which made her even more adorable.

"I love you," I whispered, looking into her eyes.

Magnolia smiled radiantly, "I love you too." She pulled back and pointed a figure at me, "But if you kiss me in front of my parents my dad will honest-to-god shoot you. So keep the PDA to none- existent unless you want my 13-year-old brother to attempt to beat you up."

I couldn't help but throw my head back and laugh.

"Oh my god Nola, you're going to be the death of me," I muttered and pressed another kiss to her lips before heading inside.

I watched from the window as she sped off with Ruby who was staying with their family.

Once our families arrived, the house we were staying in would fill up, Caspain and I's families were close but fairly small, so we decided to stay together. Charlie and mom were coming, and Caspian's dad was coming as well in a few days.

Matteo, Ivy, their older brother Julio as well as their parents would all be staying in a house together. Laurent and India were staying together, and their parents were apparently coming, but the likelihood of both sets of parents was super low. It seemingly was a rich kid problem to have absentee parents.

I was not excited to have the mini family reunion that came from Cas's families and I staying together. But I was excited to go over and eat at Magnolia's house this evening.

"So, this is it, We have the house to ourselves for a few days," Caspian muttered as he lugged the final bags into the house.

I scoffed, "I can't wait for a family holiday together," I said sarcastically.

Caspian sighed, "Look I'm not excited either, but let's just focus on the music, our girls, and the slopes."

I smiled at the thought of skiing with Magnolia. Nothing sounded more amazing than doing what I loved with the girl of my dreams.

"Go get changed and try not to fall asleep from jet lag," I said, shooing Caspian away, "Oh, and see if we have some champagne or something to give the Harris's this evening."

Caspian mocking saluted me and made his way to a bedroom. I rolled my eyes and made my way to one for myself.

I changed into a sweater and some pants and looked in the mirror. I looked a bit like how I did before meeting Magnolia and gaining a ton of confidence, except with longer hair. I look rather... posh and preppy. But, I don't think looking like a rockstar is the way to get accepted into this girl's family. 

HOWDY! here are some things to know- I have COVID rn. Fun fun fun. 

I am curious- if you are in school, is your school in person? Mine is. 

What character do you identify most with? I'm just curious who's the most relatable. They are all based of little parts of my personality. 

Anyway- Love y'all! vote ! comment!