One

Jade's POV

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?"

His head snaps around at the first word that comes out of my mouth; He looks angrier than ever.

"Blaze." He scowls.

"In the flesh."

"How the fuck did you find me?"

"How couldn't I? You make it too easy."

He lunges at me but I swiftly avoid him by kicking off the wall and climbing to the top.

"Aw, Slash... you're lucky I'm in a good mood today, and have somewhere to be. Or else you'd be burnt to ash by now." I begin walking away, "Oh... and you should probably clean this mess up, too."

I jump from building to building, making my way back to my car to head back home.

***

"Today was such a drag."

"Work was that bad, huh?"

"Yeah, the people at the office are fucking horrendous. They never shut up and all they do is make petty gossip. Old women are worse than teenagers, I swear." Melanie laughs at my response and we continue getting ready.

Melanie is my best friend, practically my sister. I've known her for my entire 26 years on this planet, and we've never been apart for more than a week.

Oh, and about that "office" job... you've probably figured out by now that I don't exactly have a "normal" job.

Okay... my job is far from normal... or legal.

I'm an assassin that goes by the name Blaze. Why that name? I just so happen to burn my victims to ash after I'm done with them. My dear enemies gave me that name. Those who have fought me and managed to survive, describe me as, "The girl with the fire eyes and ash white hair— Blaze." And I just think that's lovely. It's very fitting.

My hair could be a pretty big giveaway, but it's never been an issue before. Plus, where I'm from people have all different hair colors and styles, so it's not unusual to see a girl with white hair. And my natural eyes are gray, so you really can't even tell. I do have a scar on my eye, which also caused my left eye to turn white, but I wear a mask that covers everything besides my eyes when I fight. So you can really only see just my red eyes, and nothing else on my face.

Now... guess it's time to tell you about who that was back there.

His name is Slash. We've been each other's number one enemies for about two years now.

Why?

Because he killed my sister.

The only person besides Melanie that I had in my life... and he took that away from me. I'll never forget the day that I found her.

I knew someone was after Xena, and I just didn't make it there in time to save her. I blame myself everyday for her death.

I still don't even know why he killed her, but I knew it was him. He slashes his symbol into his victims' chest, hence his name "Slash". I needed to get back at him.

No.

I needed to kill him.

After she was murdered I took revenge immediately. I found his warehouse and burnt it to the ground, killing a bunch of his team and everything in the warehouse. We've fought countless times after that.