(3) on my mind

this chapter is from aones point of view so we can see the yearning from both angles 😳 i hope you enjoy

        i walked away from y/n, mind slightly buzzing. needless to say i am not used to the feeling of people initiating physical affection. i stepped hurriedly to avoid the nervousness being around her brought me. i walked to my first class, not very far from y/n's. i make a mental note to stop by her class so i can walk with her to lunch. this was extremely new to me, im not used to being approached. i know im scary, i see it everytime i look at somebody too long and they get nervous. i see it everytime i stand too close to people in line and they sneak terrified glances at me. i see it everytime the waiter flinches as i reach for my wallet. i see it everytime i look into the mirror. i dont hate that people dont talk to me, i enjoy being left alone for the most part honestly, but people avoid me. theyre scared of me. everyone except her. not once did she seem afraid, nor intimidated by me. the moment she strutted over next to me with no hesitation i recognized her.

even back when i first saw her play against seijohs team, i could see her personality in her playing style. on and off the court she was bright and considerate. i saw the way she catered her hits to her teammates when she played, and i was particularly impressed when she bought a drink for the libero she almost killed. she is kind and determined, shes like the sun. shes peaceful and warm, she was easy to be around. i like being left alone, people make me nervous, everyone except her. she makes me nervous in a different way, she confuses me more than anything else. ive only fully known her for a couple of hours but everything shes shown me so far has taken me off guard.

i push open the door of my classroom, barely making it on time. as i enter i fail to realise that i may have pushed the door of the class a tad hard from being lost in my thoughts and it thuds against the wall, making everybody jump and stare at me. i am once more reminded of my looks by the way everyone stares at me in fear, silently hoping i dont do something awful. the feeling settles in my stoumach and feels like iron in my lungs as i panic and make eye contact with the floor. embarrassment comes off of me in waves as i silently walk to my seat, next to futakachi. once im seated people resume their talking normally and i look up at futakachi, to see him smiling at me with pity in his eyes. he could tell how embarassing that was for me and i turned my face back toward the desk, pulling out what i needed for class and my phone. the bell rings and our professor is still yet to show so i open up my phone, going to instagram.

as you can probably imagine i am not much of a social media man, but the team has a groupchat on there they insisted i be in, so i made one. i have yet to post and more than likely never will. i spend my time on instagram looking at volleyball highlights and memes, not really following anybody other then celebs and the team. i can only imagine what the people at school would think if i followed them, probably that i was stalking them or something. i think of their reactions and am reminded of y/n. she was different and it intrigued me. ive never had a friend who was a female before since they all seem to be too scared of me to approach me, and i will never ever approach a woman. i once tried to hand a woman something she dropped and she screamed and ran away, leaving me in the middle of the sidewalk holding out her hand mirror, all passerby's thoroughly confused.

i look foward to practice at the end of the day, it was always my favorite part of the days. futakachi taps my shoulder and i look up at him from my phone. he starts speaking.
"so, you never said anything about y/n when you met her this morning. i gotta know, do you see how cute she is?"

my face goes red and hot at his statement. of course i saw that y/n was attractive, but my focus was usually on how peculiar she is. thats not to say i dont think she is beautiful as well, but she really has shocked me with her attitude. the warmth reaches my ears at how she wrapped her arms around me this morning before her class, female friends are different from male friends. i look up at futakachi, my red features being the only confirmation he needs. he snickers and looks at me with that stupid look of  "knowing" that i hate so much. he looks at my phone and sees i am on instagram looking at volleyball highlights before he looks at me with an almost genuine smile and says
"you should look up her name on insta, i bet shes got some more clips from her games posted"