Chapter 3

"We what!??" Bruce's seven children all exclaimed with varying emotions ranging from shock, excitement and anger.

"Okay, you're going off-world I get that! But seriously? Babysitters!?" Dick, who was in his Robin suit, exclaimed as he stared at his father incredulously.

"Bodyguards but yes. They'll only be here for three days. Besides, I thought you wanted to meet them?" the bat smirked at his son as he went to change out of his Batman suit to greet the guests that were going to arrive soon. Dick and Barbara, who both wanted to meet their fellow teen heroes, couldn't find the words to respond. Yes they wanted to meet them but this is not how they expected their first time meeting to be.

Soon the children heard the doorbell ring and scrambled to get upstairs, Dick and Barbara having to change out of their Robin and Batgirl uniforms first since they had been training Jason to be the next Robin. As the two eldest got back up into the manor they heard something break and some shouting.

Knowing it was their siblings they simply sighed and headed towards the door where they found the third youngest, Cassandra Cain-Wayne, holding Damian on her back, and Tim trying not to fall asleep. From the doorway a tired sigh could be heard.

"Welcome to Wayne Manor."

~Earlier~

"Team to the mission room." The intercom resounded throughout the mountain. The teens that were there complied and filed into said room to find Batman waiting for them. "Where are the others?" He scanned the room to find Zatanna, and Rocket missing from the group.

"Zatanna and Rocket are away with their mentors right now, I apologize Batman." Aqualad answered him.

"Don't be, you will all do." He clicked a few buttons and a picture of two dark haired boys and a red haired girl popped up. "This is Richard Grayson, Jason Todd, and Barbara Gordon. As the oldest children of Bruce Wayne they've garnered a lot of attention from the Joker." This time a picture of Batman without the mask on and an older looking man replaced the pictures of the teens, "Bruce Wayne will be away on business in England and his butler Alfred Pennyworth will be with him to visit family."

Artemis, the blonde archer, raised her hand before asking a question, "Why exactly are you telling us this? I mean what does this have to do with our mission?"

"The Wayne's live in Gotham, I'll be off-world with other members of the Justice League. Your mission is to protect the three oldest from the Joker and his goons while I'm gone. Of course this will include their other siblings as well." This time a full picture of the family popped up to reveal four boys, three girls, along with Bruce and Alfred. "This will be your only mission in my city, don't do anything stupid. Pack your things you'll be staying at Wayne Manor for 3 days, you leave in 2 hours. If you wish to tell them your identities you can, they have sworn themselves to secrecy if you do. Dismissed."

"Wha-" to say Artemis was shocked was an understatement. She had seen Richard and Barbara at school before but never interacted with them.

"You okay there Arty?" the young Martian asked her friend who simply nodded.

"Whatever. Let's just get packed, it's going to be a long few days." Arsenal groaned frustrated. The teens dispersed to their rooms at the mountain and packed before using the zeta tubes to get to Gotham, all blissfully unaware of the utter chaos that ensues behind Wayne Manor doors.

~~***~~

The team were walking up towards the doors of the very large Manor, when they heard the sound of crashing and things being broken along with yelling from behind the doors. Sharing worried glances they sped the rest of the way to the door only for it to suddenly be opened by Bruce Wayne who had yet to notice them, his children surprisingly taking up all of his attention.