Chapter 7

Brian's POV

It hurts.

It fucking hurts.

"...told us na umuwi ka na." 

Will you please stop!

"Brian! Are you even listening?!" my mom shouted when she noticed that I'm not listening to her nonsense scolding. Umuwi daw agad ang mga ito pagkasabi ni Yaya na nadito na ko sa mansyon.

Simula pagkagising ko hindi na nya ako tinantanan ng kakasermon. Masakit na nga ang ulo ko dahil sa hang-over kagabi mas pinalalala pa nya sa ginagawa nyang ito and I wonder where dad is. For sure kakain din ako ng malalang litanya mula sa kanya.

The door opened and he entered. Speaking of the devil.

"Care to explain what the hell is happening? I told you that I would arrange the date of your flight para maipasundo kita!" and here it goes. He sat in his office chair facing me and my mom in his office. 

Care to explain? As if naman hahayaan nya kong magsalita. He won't even listen.

"Last week ka pa pala nandito hindi mo man lang ipinaalam sa amin ng mommy  mo! We sent you there to study yet it seems you didn't even took it seriously!" he shouted right in front of my face placing his arms above his desk. Even my mom who is comfortably seating earlier seems a little bit stunned. Hindi pa ba sya nasanay?

I just lowered my head at tinitigan ang sahig. Wondering if makakakuha ba ako ng sagot mula rito.

They're the ones who wants me to study on business school abroad. Ganun naman lagi I would follow his orders just to keep up from him and lolo's credentials. I'm tired and sick of it.

"Hon, would you please lower your voice? We can settle this without you being harsh to your son." pakiusap ni mommy sa kanya. I can't even thank her for defending me from dad. I won't do it. I know later she would just agree with whatever dad has to say. She will even insist that I have to this to secure my place as a Zamora. That's what she's after. My inheritance.

"There's no point if I ever talk to him softly when he doesn't listen to every word you or I say! And the fact na umuwi ka ng lasing dito sa pamamahay ko is not acceptable. You're wasting your time partying not even caring kung mapapahamak ka." gaya parati ng ginagawa ko I would just wait till he finished. He won't earn any response from me. Para sa'n pa?

"Sending you abroad is a fair warning but you didn't make the most out of it. So I will give you one last chance to do the right thing or else you will lose everything." with him saying that doon na napaangat ang ulo ko meeting his stare.

"You can't do that to your son. Greg are you out of your mind! I'm sure Brian will do what you want. You just have to give him enough time." as I've predicted she will be the one who will be disappointed about me losing my wealth. She really looked troubled.

"I've given him enough time. He's already 20 years old. Those years were enough. At sobra pa yun just to prove himself worthy of my name."

I can say that he is dead serious about his threat. I collected my confidence to mask my emotions. 

Anger. 

Disappointment with the both of them.

Fear of losing what I have. 

I don't want to satisfy him seeing me worried with the things he can do. I just have to ride what he wants until I figure out what to do to secure myself kung sakaling tanggalan nya nga ako ng mana.