FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR:
RED HAIR

There are rumors that red-headed people are spawns of the devil

There are rumors that red-headed people are spawns of the devil. They're the evil beings waiting to devour your flesh when you're not looking.

These are true rumors. Just look at these lustagram memes.

Another example of that was Natasha Romanoff, who was currently being used as a shield against Clint Barton and Lucifer.

The two females stared at each other. Tuning out everyone else.

Tony looked between the two, waiting for a blood bath, for bullets to start flying around and black smoke to emerge. He was ready to grab the kid and leave— Clint could save himself. He brought Natasha here, this is all his fault.

Surprisingly, he didn't have to do anything. Natasha gave Lucifer a small nod and the devil returned it, before turning her attention on Clint who moved and hid behind Natasha.

"Hello," she said amused, "didn't have the time to talk when you were up there."

"Dead?" Peter asked hesitatingly.

"No hun, I meant up in the vents."

Peter made an 'oh' sound and then went back to his homework.

Clint narrowed his eyes, "you flew!"

"Yes. I did." Lucifer admitted, still sounding amused.

The archer's gaze didn't flatter, and seeing how he was hiding behind a Russian, looking like a scared 5-year-old, the look was not as scary as he wanted it to be, "I don't like you."

"Most people don't," Lucifer gave him an all-over before moving to where Peter was struggling, "explain this to me, child."

Peter looked at her before looking at Tony, and then back at her, "it's not that interesting-"

"None sense, the humans are very interesting when it comes to science and-" she waved her hand like she was looking for a word, "stuff."

Tony huffed, "Oh, now we're interesting? That's not what I've read in the bible."

Clint looked at Tony accusingly, "you've read the Bible?"

"Of course not! Why would you think that?" The philanthropist rolled his eyes and then waved at Peter, "you do your homework kid, and tell her a thing or two I guess. I have to talk to Happy and Pepper."

"Okay, Mr. Stark."

And then Peter processed to explain chemistry to Lucifer, who looked interested and would say a thing from time to time, making Peter look at her in bewilderment and then double-checking something on his papers.

Tony ignored them and left the room, explaining this to Pepper was going be the last thing he did, no way he would survive her wrath at acquiring the devil of all beings.

Why not naked cute angels? Why did Peter have to summon the devil? Why did it have to work?

Natasha had disappeared from the room like she usually did like she wasn't even there. And in her leave, she had left a suspicious Clint Barton who quickly broke the tower's number one rule and climbed into the vents and then watched Lucifer like a security camera.

Peter continued doing his homework and explaining stuff to Lucifer, who was surprisingly really good at everything.

"So, am I free now?" Lucifer asked when they finished it, looking curiously at Peter.

"Um, yeah? I'm sorry, have I been holding you up? I didn't mean to!-" Peter started apologizing before Lucifer held a finger up.

"No you haven't, stop worrying," she then stood up and stepped away from the table and chairs, "I think I'm free to go now, I helped you with something so, goodbye child, I hope I don't see you ever again." Lucifer smiled kindly at him and closed her eyes, missing the hurt in Peter's brown eyes. She held out her hands and a black portal silently opened beneath her feet, and she was gone.

Peter sighed, "Well," he looked around, "that went well?"

Clint snorted from up in the vents, "sure, kid."

The archer silently dropped down, landing on the balls of his feet, and then started doing some stretches, "you know, if you stopped doing weird rituals we wouldn't have this-"

"Ow!"

"Get off!"

Peter turned around from where he was packing his homework and saw Clint splattered on the floor with Lucifer on top of him.

"Lucifer?"

Lucifer looked up at Peter and rolled her eyes, "Thought that would work, but it just spat me out again!"

Clint grunted, "get off!"

Tony and Pepper walked in at that exact moment, "-she's not as scary as she-" they stopped and looked at the mess on the floor, "I leave for five minutes..."

Clint shoved Lucifer, "you're suffocating me!"

"I will appoint my best demon to you when you die, Barton!"

"Mr. Barton is going to hell?" Peter looked a mix of confused, scared, and something else. Human emotions, pfff.

"After this, he is." Lucifer stood up and glared at a still whining Clint.

"Well," Pepper rubbed through her hair, "I regret ever meeting you, Tony."

The rumors were true, red-headed people were spawns of the devil.

I'm finally back with a chapter!
1k words for you.

I really aim to update this book more often, I just need to figure out a schedule.

Hope you enjoyed,
Till next time!