𝟎𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

a/n !!! i've given up on trying to edit the works so enjoy the shitty writing up until about chapter 18 ish !!

"night guys!!" jean yells down the stairs to kahn and mishel. following a reply, the boy jogs around the floor in search of the guest room, when he stumbles across a door slightly hinged open, revealing a dim candle-light. "y/n?" he enters quietly, "what you doing?"

"hm- just thinking." the girl now in changed clothes shrugs, seated at the foot of the bed with her knees tucked under her chin.

"about?" jean slowly takes a seat next to her.

"just- something commander erwin said..." she mutters, her head down as she sees jean nod for her to continue. "i was just wondering... where would i be if i didn't have these stupid- abilities."

"..."

"if i didn't get taken from my mother that night... maybe she would still be alive." the reticent girl whispers, aware that he wouldn't fully understand.

"you realise none of this is your fault?" jean shakes his head, as hers perks up to look in his direction. "stop blaming yourself, and go to sleep." she stays quiet for a moment, looking blankly into his pale brown eyes. she was so incredibly hard to decipher. one of those people that seem as though they could analyse anyone and everyone, yet never give anything about themselves away.

"kahn left you some of his clothes... change and just come to bed." y/n exhales and drops her gaze to the floor. "night, jean." she pushes back and pulls the duvet covers over her head, burying and hiding her face under as he leaves, grabbing the clothes she had just pointed towards.

" she pushes back and pulls the duvet covers over her head, burying and hiding her face under as he leaves, grabbing the clothes she had just pointed towards

a few moments later, the light-haired boy enters the room again, y/n's back facing his and the door he enters from. he sits into the bed, beside y/n as he realises there was a lot less space in the bed than expected.
"psst, y/n... are you asleep?" he whispers, to receive no reply. "tsk." sighing, he grabs just his pillow and throws it to the ground.
he didn't want y/n to change her mind and shove him off the bed or anything, or to feel uncomfortable. so out of respect, he decides to crash on the floor... even in the cold night.