episode thirty-one

"Are you sure this is legal? I don't want to be put in Santa's naughty list!" The young boy whined looking out for any other people who will come.

"Of course this is legal! Besides, we are still inside though. Eesh, I am quite surprise you don't know that there is this part in your house" The little boy who just came down from the tree said whilst dusting his small fingers.

"I never even knew this is still part of our house" the young Taehyung said scratching his head.

"Whatever! So this is the plan, you get Rene noona and I'll bring Seul here and we will light the lights on the tree house and they'll be so amaze by it they have to forget their unresolved issues" Baby Chim said clapping at his brilliant idea.

"Hays. Why do we have to go through all this trouble? This is stupid" Little Tae said still annoyed of the idea that they have to do efforts just to reconcile the two of god knows what issue.

"You both are stupid" The two boys looked and there they saw little Seul and beside her is little Rene. Their hands both folded looking at the boys trying to get an explanation of their sneaky plan.

"Tae we are not stupid" little Rene said hurt evident in her voice.

"And didn't I tell you NOT to tell anyone about this hideout" little Seul said pertaining to little Chim, the young mastermind of a failed plan.

"Can't you just let us go? Our issues is beyond the both of you, it is none of your business" little Seul said but then she was caught off guard when her twin spoke which made her rethink.

"me and Chim are affected by it. You guys are close, what happen? We all have a special bond and if one of us is fighting with the other we should always fix it because that is just how our dynamic goes" who would've thought someone who doesn't like reading can be so well-spoken?

"We will be fine okay?" little Seul said and hold hands with little Rene which shocked the latter, she honestly do not know what was happening but it felt nice that they are okay now.

That's what she thought, because deep inside Seul she hasn't resolve her issue with Rene, there is still this unknown hatred but she is trying her best to shook it off seeing how it affected the boys and she felt bad dragging her friends on her issue.

"Really? Are you guys good?" The boys asked their eyes gleaming with excitement.

Seul just faked a smile and nod. Which then made the three cheered in joy, she couldn't help but smile at the scenario.

And there, the four kids played around and explored Seul's hidden treehouse. they all played there and started their year with smiles.

But not long after...

It has been months now and the kids are now attending preschool. They hangout not that often but they still make time to play.

"Seulgi, nine out of ten? You are a Kang! Why can't you be like Rene? She scored a perfect score. Go and practice the piano in your room" A frustrated Mr.Kang said. He isn't like this to his kids but he unintentionally involved Seul in his outrage which cause another mixed of emotions to Seul.

She is being compared again to her bestfriend and she hates it. At a young age, Seul's mind has been developed early. She thinks like how a lady should and being compared to is one of the things she hates.

She slammed her door and went to her piano, she played it while crying trying to mask the sobs with melodic tunes. but it wasn't enough, she felt like leaving her home and making a run out of everything. It felt like everyday she is being suffocated and being always at second best.

So that night, Seulgi had a plan. She is running away from home.

And her plan might've backfired because when she meant by running away meaning she'll stay in the treehouse, she saw a small figure... sleeping there.

She was confuse but she wasn't scared. She lightly tapped the figure's body and when he moved, she was in awe.

Her heart beated fast, cheeks heating up and her hands fiddling.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"O-oh! I am your new nanny's son, I just went here to explore but I didn't know I fell asleep. I'm sorry! You must be the kid that mom will take care of"

"Y-yeah I guess, You didn't answer my question though"

"What question?"

"Who are you?"

"A-ah... My name is Ethan, nice to meet you..."

"Seul, Kang Seulgi"

•••📌