Lavinia Salvatore (Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction)

~1861~

My lip was trembling. I slowly bit down to keep from crying. I didn't want him to leave. He was my best friend. My older brother, Damon. I could hardly stand to watch as he boarded the train to go to war. It was too painful.

I buried my face into Stefan's chest. Stefan, he was wonderful. He helped me through everything. He was my older brother as well. He was closer to my age then Damon was. Damon was twenty-one, Stefan fourteen, and I am thirteen. But age didn't matter with us. We were all so close. They were certainly protective over me, too. Me being the youngest in all.

“He will be fine, Lavinia. I promise.” Stefan stated, pulling me close. The warmth of his body was radiating off of him and onto me.

“I only hope.” I say, resting my head on his chest. I felt the tears finally start to pour out as I heard the train blow its whistle. Stefan slowly patted my head, comforting me.

“H-he is gone, Stefan. He is re-really gone.” I said, trying my hardest to stay strong. I breathed in deeply and let it out. Stefan hugged me tightly. He was strong.

“Come on, daughter. We have to leave now.” my father, Guiseppe, stated flaty. I nodded my head, only making small movements. Stefan had his hand around me the whole way back to the carraige.

~1864~

I laughed, looking over to Stefan. It was nice to talk to him like this. We haven't really been talking much since Katherine had came. They would spend most of their time together doing who knows what.

Stefan looked behind me with a wide grin. I rose an eyebrow, wondering what he was grinning about. Probably Katherine. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head slightly. He laughed, pointing over into the direction he was grinning at. I looked behind me, to see Damon.

A smile grew on my face as I ran over and hugged him tightly. I had missed him, dearly. I felt tear swell up in my eyes. I didn't want to let go. He was finally back.

“Hello, Lavinia.”he smiled, hugging me back. I laughed. He was still in uniform. It smelled differently, but I didn't mind.

“I have missed you, brother.” I said, not wanting to let go of him, but I know I had too. He pulled back, and looked at me.

“I have missed you, too, Lavinia. But there is no need for crying. I'm back.” He said, wiping a few of my tears away. I knew he was right, but I was just happy to see him. He let go of me, before giving Stefan a hug.

“It's nice to see you again, brother.” Stefan said, accepting the hug. Damon nodded as if to say the same. It was nice to see them like this. All brotherly.

Damon stepped back quite a bit, throwing the large thing he had in his hands toward Stefan. Stefan caught it, quickly throwing it back Damon's way. He successfully caught it. I walked over to the large porch, letting them have time to bond.

~A Few Months Later~

Katherine had been messing with both of them. Damon and Stefan. I wasn't very happy about it, but there was nothing I could do. I was thinking of confronting her, but I wasn't quite sure.

Katherine and Emily Bennett walked through the door in the front of the mansion, as I thought this. This would be my chance.

“Um, Miss Katherine,” I started, “may I speak to you in the Library?” I asked, politely. I gave a smile, trying my best not to seem rude.

Katherine nodded, “Of course,” she said, sending Emily to get a batch of tea. I smiled, leading her to the Library although she already knew where it was. I sat down on the large couch, as she took a seat across from me.