Chapter 10

Andy's POV

I called and called and called her number begging for her to pick up. Scout had smacked me after I broke up with her causing a scene in front of half the school. I called Dru again as I made my way to her house. No answer. Then I got a text from her. Wiping away the tears I opened the text with a hopeful smile. 'Im leaving forever. Goodbye, and don't come looking for me.'

If you listened closely you could hear the small sound of my heart being broken into a thousand pieces. My best friend, leaving? For good? No. I stood in front of her house and knocked as loud as I could. No answer. I climbed into her window. Most of her stuff was gone. Just like I assumed she was.

I went home after telling my mom that I was sick so that I could just lay in bed all day. I thought about Dru and how much I royally fucked up. I remembered all the times I blew her off for Scout despite how obviously shit Scout was for me. Through Rose colored glasses, she was the best thing that had ever happened to me. Now I see how much she strung me along as her pet and how much she had hurt Drusilla. I felt more tears run down my face and I punched my pillow time and time again, fighting the urge to scream. Why did I have to do this? Ruin the best friendship I could ask for for some stupid girlfriend? I ripped down my posters and threw my pillows at the wall in a fit if anger and self hatred. I should have seen the signs! How could I have been so helplessly blind?!

I racked my brain for any inkling of where she would go. Anywhere but here, obviously. With her turning eighteen in a week, she'd go as far as possible. I bet she took that fucking motorcycle too. The one we found in her backyard that she told me she stashed. The one I helped her get a license for.

I say down in a heap in the middle of my bedroom floor. I hated the world for letting this happen. I still wondered about how many bruises littered her face when I saw her. When the hood of Dru's jacket fell down, she looked terrified. She was horrified that someone had seen. How could I not have noticed? Who had done that to her? Who would dare hurt such a beautiful girl such as herself?

The doorbell rang, bringing me out of the sea of my thoughts. I ignored it. I felt no need to speak to anyone right now. Still the ringing continued alongside with knocking. I growled as I stood up and threw open the door of my bedroom, not caring when it slammed violently against the wall. I stopped over to the door and looked through the window. An unfamiliar boy, about my age, stood there looking pissed as hell. I took a deep breath and opened the door right before he started another round of knocking and doorbell ringing.

"Yes?" I answered rudely, not really caring about politeness at the moment.

"Where the hell is she?" He asked angrily and gritted his teeth.

"Who?" I growled, my anger rising.

"Drusilla you prick! My girlfriend! The one who texted me that she was leaving and not returning! What did you do to her?!" He shouted in my face.

"Since when are you Dru's boyfriend? And who the hell are you anyway?" I struggled not to punch him in his stupid face.

"Cut the shit. Like she'd ever tell you! The best friend that abandoned her! Oh-so-great Andy who crushed her and left her right when her life turned to shit! I'm Drake. The one who was there for her in place of you! The one who comforted her for days on end while her adopted mother beat her! Now tell me where the fuck she is before I really loose my temper and beat your sorry ass! I know you did something to her or she never would have left!"

"I didn't do anything dipshit! I tried to talk to her but she just took off at first chance! Get your facts straight before you go ranting about how awful I am fuck face!" I shouted back at him. Fiona beat her? She had a boyfriend? What else had she been keeping from me?

"You really don't know, do you?" Drake seemed to calm down and put his head in his hands.

"No. I dont. Why do you think I would?" I asked, still pissed but trying not to show it.

"She still cares for you even after you treated her like dirt. I thought she might've said something to you. Maybe hinted if there was a person she would've gone to when running away. I don't know. I guess I expected her to still trust you." He spoke quieter as he continued on and I sighed.

"Come in. You look like shit, I'm sure I do to. Maybe we can figure something out." I suggested moving to the side.

"Thanks." He muttered and came in.

I led him to my room, temporarily forgetting about the mess I had previously made. He let out a low whistle as he took in the trashed posters, holes in the walls, and pillows thrown about.

"Someone got pissed." He joked half-heartedly.

"Yeah... You could say I was rather upset when Dru texted me." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"So," He started as he perched on the edge of my bed, "Any ideas?"

"None." I sat next to him and rested my head in my hands, fighting the tears that continued to fight their way to freedom.

Drusilla's POV

I felt a huge smile grew on my face the further I got from the hell hole that I had called home for so many years. This was it. The road to my escape, my freedom. Let me tell you, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The best part? I already had the perfect place in mind to end up at.