Two idiots, maybe three.

"It's not like you'd even so much as bat an eye if I DID happen to get hit by a car while crossing the road. You know I'm dopey." Muttered Akira, his eyes lighting up with anticipation. He clearly thought he was the class clown. And you weren't even in class with the kid.

"Maybe just the clown."

It was if the bastard had read your mind.

You inhaled sharply as a familiar voice echoed into the vast space of the room. Of course Ryo had to have his say in everything. You felt your jaw clench automatically, as if it was a mechanism you practiced. You gritted your teeth together, tension rising in your limbs. He always had to announce his presence so prominently.

"Nice to see you too, y/n. What's with the posture? You look like you've been shoved out into the cold. Akira keeps working up the heating bill with my goddamn thermostat. Will you stop messing with that thing?" He snapped in annoyance, narrowing his blue eyes at the clueless devilman. His irises always caught your gaze with their menacing elegance. Like evil glaciers, they were pulling you right in, wrapping you in their intoxicating grasp. Something always felt off about that man. But yet you craved everything about him.

Although, it wasn't something you'd ever admit. Falling for Ryo Asuka? It would be a ludicrous concept. It wasn't like he'd return the feeling. The man had given you the odd glance of approval, but nothing too deep. Akira had given you plenty of looks, but he was just a very sociable individual now that Ryo had changed him. Besides. You craved something far darker than a sweet devilman.

Ryo took a careful seat upon his pristine couch, scowling as he instructed Akira to shift over with the irritated flap of a slender hand. "Do you know the concept of space?" He grunted, his upper lip curling in disgust as he noticed a mass of crumbs littering the white leather. Akira's face dropped, and so did his stomach. You couldn't help but grin at their stupidity as a pair. As shady as their friendship seemed, you couldn't seem to doubt it. They seemed closely bonded, and although they were polar opposites, they seemed to reciprocate a fair amount of care for each other.

And you hoped and prayed that Ryo cared about you; even just a little bit.