Act 7: Wolf In Disguise

Bennett and Amber had gathered the following things: Boots, pants, gloves, a long shirt, a belt, a beanie, and of course the bright red cloak. The belt would do around Razor's waist to keep his tail against his back and the beanie would keep his ears down. His wolf legs would be hidden and so would his claws. The only part they couldn't hide was his teeth.

"Try to keep your mouth closed, we don't want anybody to see how sharp those are."
Bennett was helping Razor put on the disguise. With the boots, pants, and shirt on he almost looked human. The tail was next.

"Okay, lift up your shirt."
Razor did so. Somehow Bennett felt like he was intruding on his privacy. He hadn't worn clothes before but now he was taking them off it felt more personal somehow.

He had to get quite close to put the belt around Razor's waist and tail, his head leaning against the wolf's chest. He was ignoring the warm feeling in his cheeks as he blushed.

The beanie was next. Bennett did his best to be careful as he tucked in Razor's ears. He didn't want to hurt him, wolf ears were much more sensitive than a human's after all.
"Is it comfortable like this?"

Razor nodded. His cheeks seemed a bit redder too.

Last was the cloak. Razor put it on and seemed to pull it closer.
"It's nice."

A smile from the adventurer.
"I know right?"

They were waiting for Amber anyway so Bennett spent some time explain to Razor how to behave in the city. Don't mention you're a wolf, don't show your tail or ears, let us do the talking if anyone asks who you are, etc...

Razor didn't plan on speaking to people anyway. He still didn't trust them, Bennett and Amber were exceptions. They were kind and generous, nothing like the hunters he'd met in his past. He appreciated them a lot, especialy Bennett. He hadn't dared ask because of how last time went, but he was hoping to kiss him again. It was a strange human thing for sure but he enjoyed it lots.

Amber waved in the distance, arriving a little bit late. She had a reason, of course.
"I waited to make sure there were as few knights on guard duty as possible, It should be fine for us to go now."

"Alright! Let's do this!"
Bennett jumped up, he was really excited for this. He had already made plans for once they were in the city.

Razor got up too.
"Ready."

"All right, let's head out!"
Amber thought this might be what Jean felt like when she ordered around the knights. She was enjoying her role as organizer of a secret plan.

The three of them marched past Springvile, reaching Mondstadt bridge. Once it was crossed the two guard greeted them.

"Amber, Bennett! Back already?"

Bennett had his answer ready.
"An adventurer never sits still!"

The guards nodded, but didn't get out of the way. One of them pointed at the person behind them.
"And who's this fellow?"

Bennett put his arm around the wolf and pulled him closer.
"This is Razor, he's an adventuring pal of mine! I thought i'd show him around town!"

Amber was next:
"I'm tagging along too for good luck!

Bennett's reputation proceeded him, the guards understood. Having the most unlucky person in all of Mondstadt as your only company could end in disaster. The guard nodded. If both a trustworthy adventurer and the city's own outrider were involved, this stranger had to be safe too.

They got out of the way and let them through. The younger of the two waved them off.
"Enjoy the city!"

As soon as the trio got far enough, Bennett and Amber let out a sigh of relief.

"That went better than i thought."
Amber really didn't like lying to the guards. It wasn't a full lie though, she was helping because she knew Bennett would have tried this regardless.

Razor saw how busy the city was. so many people, so many shops... He wasn't comfortable being surrounded like this, so far away from the forest.

Bennett felt the wolf's hand grab a hold of his as Razor leaned closer. It reminded him that the wolf trusted him, and he blushed at the thought.

Amber was about to ask them where they wanted to go first when she saw the two holding hands, Bennett unmistakably blushing. A little voice in the back of her head told her something she could have never expected. They have feelings for eachother.

She pushed the idea out of her mind. What a strange thought to have, boys didn't fall in love. Well they did sometimes but it wasn't super common. Then again, from what she'd heard it happened more amongst adventurers. Most of them were men and prefered eachother's company. The retired adventurers were all considered Bennett's dads, maybe he didn't know it was different from most people.

She put her hands on her cheeks and sighed. Don't think like that Amber, it's not polite to assume things about people. Time to change topics.
"So where did you plan to go first?"

Bennett stumbled over his answer, still flustered from the active handholding.
"O-oh! i was thinking we could buy a m-meal at Good Hunter, a-and then we go visit the adventurer's guild."

Razor tugged at Bennett's arm.
"Hunter? Hunter bad!"

"It's not an actual hunter, it's just the name of the place where we'll eat."
Bennett squeezed the wolf's hand a little tighter to let him know it was okay. He nodded in return.

Then went on like that. Checking out Mondstadt's shops, explaining to Razor how things worked here. Their final destination was the adventurer's guild. It was Bennett's home and he was excited to show it to the wolf!

Bennett's dads were just as glad to meet his new friends, so many questions! who he was, where he came from, etc... Amber and Bennett had to improvize a vague backstory for Razor that got them to stop asking about his past. They didn't want to risk exposing his true identity.

Amber finally cut them off after an hour of talking.
"Well, it's been a long day! I'm sure Razor would like to rest a bit before we continue our Mondstadt tour tomorrow."

One of the older adventurers made a suggestion.
"How about he spend the night here? It's so late already, it would be rude to send him away."

The other adventurers nodded. They were hoping to talk to Bennett's new friend even more in the morning. There was only one problem.

"Where will he sleep? We're out of spare room."
It was a younger adventurer, he was right.

Bennett took the chance immediately.
"He can stay in my room! I'm sure with an extra pillow we can fit."

The adventurers nodded, not thinking anything of it. Most of them were used to staying close for warmth during cold adventure nights, or sleeping in the most improvized situations. This was nothing in comparison.

"Then it's settled!"
The older adventurer again.
"Let's see if anyone has a spare pillow for the boy."