Prologue

* * *

* * *

When she first entered the house, I was not expecting to fall head over heels for a snake.

Upon laying my eyes on her, I was filled with shear fascination. She did not seem like any of the other Slytherins that I had crossed path with and I was not really sure how so. Outward facing she was blunt, she was proud, she was daring and she was certainly determined, but I could see a glimmer. Just a small one which was slightly revealed by a mask peeling away from her ever-so-slightly. There was certainly more than met the eye and I was ravenous when it came to finding out what was hiding behind those deep brown eyes that sent daggers towards my twin brother, George.

We might be twins, but George and I did have our differences. Very few but enough to separate us both. He was stubborn and was not going to give her a chance. He saw her house and barricaded any sort of hospitality he had away from her. I wish he didn't. I'm torn between the two, I love George with everything, he's my other half (the ugly side, of course) and we swore that no girls would ever come between us, but now I wasn't so sure. Something about her drew me closer and as much as I knew it was not what my family probably would have wanted I couldn't help but let her pull me towards her.

Her name is Catina Lennox. She's a girl in my year at school, a tall, slender girl with wild fluffy curls and gorgeous dark skin, and beautiful dark eyes. Her laugh is one that isn't afraid to be heard and her smile has a skill that makes me weak at the knees but can curl into a cunning smirk in mere seconds. I'm pretty proud of that, I must say. She can be loud, very loud and isn't afraid to speak her opinion, but she can be quiet and scared to say something also- many people don't see that side to her but I fortunately get too.

Don't even get me started on the word "darling". At first, I was flabbergasted at the nerve she had to call anyone and everyone "darling", but then it did begin to irk me as it seemingly began to replace the full stop at the end of her sentences- that was until she dropped it from most of her sentences upon realisation that she overused it, but she did still use it a lot. (I do find it rather sexy though) I didn't know there was a reason behind it until a long while after. Don't hate her for it, you can easily block it out if it annoys you but once you understand the reasoning, the vexation you feel towards it slowly starts to fade.

Our time together was not easy, I'll give you that. There were plenty of ups and downs, twists and turns that life threw at us- one being my own Mother- I make mistakes, she makes mistakes, but ultimately, I can say from the deepest, darkest depths of my heart, that I, Fred Weasley, am in love with Catina Lennox and I don't give a flying bat-bogey what anyone thinks about it, I'll never stop loving her... until death do we part.

A/n-
Hello! I hope you all enjoy reading this. I never wrote books from a character's point of view so this will be certainly an experience on my part. I'm sure if you're reading this you're probably coming from my book "Kitten" but if not, feel free to read this first but I would advise reading Kitten first, they follow alongside each other, this is simply Fred's Point of View of it all, I just published this later than Kitten.
Thank you so much for clicking this book! See you in the next chapter.
-Neverlandhiraeth.