𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

TOLKIEN HAD LIED.

Yes, that had to be the only logical explanation.

Because there was no way that the ellon with an attitude she had encountered last night was the legendary future Elvenking.

Sure, she knew Thranduil would be arrogant, that he would look down upon many people and could be extremely cold at times. Oh, and that he also would have a huge dislike towards dwarfs.

But you know, one thing is to read that in a book and another is to be victim of his conflicting nature.

Also, she had always perceived him as cold because of his wife's death. But that hadn't happened yet, so she saw no reason as to why he was acting like that.

Still, he had been a dick. And she didn't know if she wasn't really surprised at all, or if she was just utterly disappointed.

"Staring at your food won't make it magically disappear, you know." Said Clebrían, putting her fork down in her plate.

"Uh- what?" Asked a very troubled Robin, lifting her gaze from the plate.

"You have been staring at your breakfast ever since we arrived, and you haven't touched it yet. And you love to eat. Also, you are holding your fork with so much force you're going to break it." She stated, worried at her friend's strange attitude.

"Sorry." Robin sighed, placing down her fork. "It was a long night, that's all."

"And what has made you so upset that you're not choking with your food right now?" Asked Glorfindel, stopping his conversation with Elrond to look at her.

"It's nothing... It's stupid, really." She said, her gaze turning back to the now cold food. "Just an asshole I came across last night."

Lord Elrond, who was sitting beside Celebrían, frowned at her words. But her two friends knew what she meant, used to her strange vocabulary.

"And what did this person do to upset you so?" Asked Celebrían, looking worriedly at her friend.

"Yeah, who do I have to kill?" Roared a protective Glorfindel.

"Well, I may have... crashed into him. You know, with my lack of reflexes and all. I apologized, but he was very rude about the whole ordeal. He reproached my clumsiness and ordered me to leave. I obviously refused- "

"As one does." Interrupted Glorfindel, bringing a small smile to Robin's face. She was really rubbing off on him.

"Of course. And who does he think he is to give me orders? I am an independent woman who doesn't let anyone boss her around, especially men." She rambled. "And so I told him that of course. I basically hit him and left. I wasn't gonna let him think he had the upper hand or something."

"And do you know his name?" Robin paused for a second and shrugged.

"Maybe throughout the discussion he may have said something about being a... prince and bullshit like that."

"Hold on - a prince?" Elrond asked, and she nodded. "I'm afraid Lady Robin has crossed paths with Prince Thranduil."

"But how can you be sure it was Thranduil and not, I don't know, Amroth." Reasoned Celebrían.

"First of all, I have met Amroth. I like him, he's nice. Second, this guy was a total ass. He was ready to throw a tantrum in my face. Plus, he said he was Prince Thranduil."

Laughter suddenly filled the table and everyone turned to look at Glorfindel.

"You- you hit Thranduil?" He asked, after he controlled his laughter. "Really?"