Part 1- The Lost Walmart Cart

It was a cold, windy evening, about 11:00 PM. All the Walmart shopping carts huddled together for warmth in the parking lot outside their store. Most shoppers were gone for the evening, so for the carts, it was time to call it a night and get some rest... Except for one. One lone shopping cart at the end of the huddle began to roll out of the cart corral due to the strong winds. He kept trying to roll back to join the huddle of other carts, but it was no use. The wind would not let go and eventually he ran out of energy and just let the wind roll him away. He rolled far, all the way across the parking lot and out into the street. The Walmart shopping cart knew he would not be able to get back to his cart corral until the wind died down, so he decided to roll with the wind and go wherever it took him. Trying to make the best of things, he thought of this journey as a fun adventure! However, after an hour of rolling through the cold and dodging cars, he couldn't help but miss his home and begin to feel anxious about being able to get back there. The cart was across town by now- he had never gone this far before, he had hardly even left the parking lot until now.

Realizing that the wind wasn't going to die down anytime soon, the Walmart shopping cart began looking around for a place to take shelter until morning. In the distance, at the bottom of a hill, he spotted the perfect place: a Target parking lot. He was a little anxious about whether or not the carts there would accept him, but he was so cold and tired that he began rolling down the hill towards it anyway.

The Walmart shopping cart cautiously rolled into the dimly lit parking lot. This lot was sheltered from the wind due to it being at the bottom of a hill and tucked behind some other large buildings. It was the perfect spot for the night.

"What are you doing here...?" The Walmart shopping cart jumped when he heard a soft voice come from behind him. He swung around to see a Target shopping cart staring at him. "Oh, h- hello," the Walmart cart stuttered. "I got blown away from my parking lot because of the wind, and I was looking for a place to stay tonight when I saw this target parking lot. I hope it's no big deal if I take shelter here for the night...?" He asked shyly. The Target shopping cart responded with a warm smile. "I wouldn't mind a cute cart like you staying here for a bit. I'm sure you must be cold and tired if you rolled all the way here from Walmart," he said. The Walmart shopping cart blushed when he heard the Target cart call him cute. What he didn't know was that the Target shopping cart was blushing as well, but it wasn't visible due to his already red color.

The two carts gazed at each other for a few moments before the Walmart shopping cart interrupted the moment with an intense shiver, reminding both of them of the problem at hand. "Oh right," said the Target cart. "Let's find a place for you to settle down for the night. I'm not sure if the other Target carts would be as welcoming as I am- everyone's a little stuck up here in the target lot- so why don't we just find our own corral for tonight just to avoid that interaction all together." The Walmart cart could only nod in response, being too cold to speak more than he had to. The Target cart pressed up against the Walmart cart, to help warm him up and guide him to an empty corral. The Walmart cart nuzzled into the Target cart, causing them both to blush once more as they rolled across the parking lot.

The two carts arrived at the empty corral in one of the back corners of the parking lot. "I'll stay here with you for tonight, to keep you company... and to help keep you warm too," The Target cart said hesitantly. The Walmart cart smiled at him. "Thank you so much," he said as he scooted over to the Target cart. The two shopping carts cuddled up against each other in the back of the corral, and slowly drifted off to sleep surrounded by each other's warmth.