Chapter 4: Back in Town

Kermit's point of view:

It's been a while since I've been on a plane.  Actually it has been 4 years, to the day, 4 years ago I left Meme Town and flew to China.  To film for a kid's show of course.  I remember the day I left so clearly.  I remember buying whipped cream, coming home, sulking for some reason, and then getting a call...  It was Boo!Xen Entertainment.  They offered me the biggest deal of my life.  One that I, in my upset and impulsive state, could not decline.  Sometimes I think I regret it, sometimes I'm okay with it, and sometimes I think it was the best choice I had.  You might be wondering what the deal I made with them was.  Well, they offered me a lead role in a popular kids TV show, the opportunity to continue my education with a fully paid scholarship, and a luxury apartment.  Not so bad, right?  I mean, I guess it really wasn't so bad.  I was learning Mandarin, making new friends, building my portfolio, and getting a degree in acting.  I was having the cleanest path paved for me right as I walked, yet I dared to feel homesick.  Was I even homesick?  Is that what I was feeling?  I just knew I was missing something from home.  Or...maybe someone, I-I don't know.  

I remember the night when I finally arrived in China.  I was so tired and I was feeling a brew of emotions.  Just over a day ago I had been in my room feeling depressed, eating whipped cream, and now I'm in some fancy apartment in Dongyang, China.  I remember laying on the bed, but not being able to sleep despite my exhaustion.  "I just need something to eat" I thought to myself.  I slowly got up and stammered to the door.  I was out in the hallway when I saw her.  I heard my door click shut and her eyes met mine.  She brushed her platinum ringlets of hair to the side and smiled with her rose colored lips.  A familiar face would have been comforting if it had not been hers.

"Oh golly, Kermit, is that really you?"
"Oh wow, uh Miss Piggy, hi!"
"Been a while, hmm?"
"Uh yeah it has haha."
"You don't really seem all that thrilled to see me."
"Oh I'm just really jet lagged, can't process anything at the moment...you know?"
"Did you just fly here?"
"Yeah, about an hour or two ago."
"Flight was awful, wasn't it?"
"Yeah.  Anyway, is this where you left to a year ago?"
"Ah yes!  I've been filming for Symphony of Thorns."
"Wait that romance drama?  It's even popular in Meme Town, though I never watched it..."
"I guess you'll have to some time then hehe.  What are you here for by the way?"
"I'm filming for a kids show.  Kind of lame compared to you huh?"
"That's not lame.  That's totally on brand for you."

I remember us walking down the hallway, exchanging words and laughs, and getting a bite to eat.  Miss Piggy is just a really remarkable person.  Nice, pretty, smart, talented, she really has it all.  She always wore flattering cocktail dresses that would accentuate her in all the right places.  She used to get in so much trouble in school for wearing those dresses.  Mr. Podrey always yelling at her for violating dress code, sometimes he even made her wear a ridiculously frumpy winter coat for modesty.  Somehow she still made it look good.  Thinking about those times makes me laugh a little.  And now we're in China eating dumplings.

Walking back to the apartment complex was something else.  I felt so dreary and drained of energy, I was dragging my feet every step of the way.  "Miss Piggy, how do you walk in those heels?" I asked.  She smiled and clutched her bag in front of her with both hands and looked at me.  "I guess I don't really remember walking without them." she said.  We chatted as we went and finally made it back.  We, headed to the apartment building elevator and went in.  I walked in and leaned against the elevator walls and tilted my head back, letting a large sigh out.  Miss Piggy got in and glanced at me, making a quiet giggle.  She pressed the button for floor 7 and the doors closed.  She stepped back and leaned against the wall with me, her head turned towards mine.  I remember feeling so tired, my vision a little blurry, the dim elevator lights, all of it made it seem like time slowed, and I just watched her blink.  Her eyes were such a pretty shade of blue, her lashes were so lush, and her purple eye shadow shimmered.  "Thank you." I muttered.  She stopped leaning against the wall and completely turned to me.  "For what?" she asked.  I looked down at the floor and stayed silent for a little.  "For spending this time with me."  I replied.  Miss Piggy looked at me for a while, and the elevator stopped.  The doors opened and we walked out.