Three Trembling Travelers

The storm outside was brewing loudly with thick blankets of white snow. The outside was clamor and rapid with the incessant downpour of ice. Cold gust kept blasting through their scales as it rocked down the wooden structure and clacked the already shut windows.

Two dragons were huddled beside a small campfire set on a narrow stone platform. Its fire was flickering bleakly. One of them was shivering wildly as it tries to cautiously arch nearer to its trembling heat.

Then the door shut open, letting the raging storm freely wreak in. A dragon as pale as utter white marched its way inside, standing at the doorway and littering with snow. He looked around the room, saw the two dragons nestled by the campfire, and shook off the snow that concealed it, throwing slushy debris all over.

The two dragons at the campfire shuddered at the sudden cold as one of them flared its wings to hiss at the pale dragon.

"You idiot, are you trying to take out our remaining fire?" Winter snarled, shaking off the snow from his spread wing before folding it back.

"Nothing I do ever amuses you," Qibli pitifully mourned as he closed the door behind him, showing him his ludicrous face. Winter rolled his eyes before whisking away to the other side of the cabin cursing. He arched his head at him, smirking.

Qibli turned to the campfire and took out the bag that was slung to him, "Anyways, here's what I have gotten so far," he yanked it out of him and slid its contents out. Twigs, leaves, sticks, and stones piled up on the floor as he shook the bag before sealing it, "Fuel for the fire," he said, then he turned and opened the other pocket and slid out severed limbs, clawed rabbits, and a surprisingly talonful of small birds, "and more food for the time being. What do you think, Moon?"

Moonwatcher hovered her gaze from the fire over to the clutter, "Looks great," she said. She carefully rose from her spot as she slithered toward him and delicately clawed the pile, "This should do for now."

She clutched a talonful from the junk and was about to turn around before eventually withdrawing it as he grabbed her wrist and nipped off something from the mess, "Hold on, let me take this first." He held it near the fire to reveal a fine-looking miniature bush, "This looks neat. might as well keep it."

"You don't need those. Everything you see here is neat anyways," Winter yelled from the other side of the cabin. He came back with a cup of dried milk and a bowl of frosted pork ribs as he set them beside the campfire and grabbed the tinder from Qibli's pile to burn with it.

"Awh, jealous that I find a shrub neater than yourself?" Qibli teased, his smirk rising, and Moon tried to stifle the giggle with her talon. When Qibli saw her composure, he added, "Nevermind, guess royalty doesn't serve you to be grateful." He backed away before Winter tried to smack him with his tail.

"Where did you get it?" Moon asked while scooping the mess up to be put into the fire.

"I found this along with some other stuff inside a trunk," he deferentially explained. " It looked so strange compared to the rest of them. Since I couldn't find the critter that lives there, I just took everything with me and ran away." Winter tipped his head at him in disbelief.

"But hey, at least it has some food!" he fluttered, putting his claw inside the shrub to reveal little bundles of berries clustered to each branch.

Winter sighed as he took the shrub from him and inspected it in the firelight, his face plated with the stoic, unamused face he always has, "What's so interesting about this anyway?"

"I'm not sure what it is," Moon told. The shrub glimmered dull, but when Winter dangled it over, the leaves shone reddishly above the campfire and the berries looked flamingly tender.