Chapter 47. The First Task ☾

A/N: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO EVERYONE❤❤ I will not be upadating for a while cuz my exams will be starting and I need to stuy :)

Harry got up on Tuesday to meet his doom. Well, not his doom. Rather, it was a humungous, spiked lizard with wings. That thought did not help him any. He was about to fight a Hungarian Horntail, again. Why did it have to be him?

"Why me?" Harry moaned as he got dressed and ready to go. Draco turned to him.

"I don't know why you are so nervous, Harry. You love Dragons." Draco teased, getting down on one knee and slinging his arm around Dragon's neck. Harry huffed, trying hard not to laugh at the adorable picture in front of him.

"For your information, I do not like lizards with wings. I don't mind dragons when they're blond and have good fashion sense." Harry replied. Before turning back to the task at hand, Harry added, "By the way, Dragon, you have some regrowth at your roots you might want to check. Don't want people getting suspicious of a blond dog turning black, do we?" Dragon whined. After checking to make sure they were alone, he turned back into Sirius.

"I am not letting Hermione near my head with a pair of scissors again." Sirius stated plainly. Harry sighed.

"Well, at least let her dye it over Christmas break. How else do you plan on hiding from the professors and spectators. I do believe the Minister will be here, as well. Any minute, in fact..." Harry babbled on and on. Sirius got the hint and turned back into Dragon. "Good boy." Harry encouraged.

Draco and Harry walked down to breakfast and were met by Hermione. She was already preparing three plates of food and a fourth full of bacon. She placed the fourth down on the ground and Dragon scarfed it up quickly. Harry sat down on Hermione's left and Draco sat on her right. The boys looked down at their plates disdainfully.

"I'm not hungry, Mione." Harry groaned, pushing away the food from in front of him.

"Yeah, Mione, I'm not either." Draco added, repeating Harry's action.

"Harry James Potter and Draconis Lucius Malfoy, both of you are too thin. Harry, if you think I'm going to let you starve yourself when your family does such a good job over the summer then you don't know me at all. And Draco, you aren't even fighting a dragon today. Yes, he is your friend, but you and I both know how this will end. Do not fight me on this, boys. You already have one angry fire-breathing animal to fight, do not cause there to be another one." Hermione ranted as she began to eat her food. Draco and Harry exchanged a look and then began eating.

When they were finished, Harry ran off to tell Cedric that the task would be dragons. As before, Cedric thanked him and walked off, more enlightened than he had been before their shared moment.

The trio went to class as usual. They made it to History of Magic with time to spare. Therefore, while waiting for the professor to begin, Hermione went over some last minute details.

"And what charm will you use the moment you get out there?" Hermione asked him. Harry scowled.

"Accio. Is that better? Do you feel safer now?" Harry snapped. Hermione huffed.

"I'm reviewing. Have you thought of a quicker way to grab the egg without setting a dragon loose on Hogwarts?" Hermione inquired. Harry shrugged.

"I don't know. How would you grab an egg with a fire-breathing dragon protecting it?" Harry asked them. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Distract the dragon on one side of the arena, preferably with a patronus, and then swoop in directly to the egg, you moron." Draco muttered. Harry looked thoughtful for a moment.