distance | minsung

ship : minsung | minho x jisung
genre : angst | fluff
type : storyline
relationship : ex-couple | couple
status : requested by sleepysash

! WARNING !
slight homophobia

distance

jisung jolted awake from his sleep, holding onto his chest. he glanced at his wristwatch that was sitting on his bedside table to see that it was half past three in the morning.

he took a deep breath and cupped his face but was surprised to find out that his face was wet from tears. he didn't realize he was crying in his sleep.

jisung let out a harsh sigh and decided to get out of the room to grab a glass of water. he needed something to quench his thirst, it feels like all the screaming he did in his dream strained his throat.

walking out, he poured a glass of water and finished it before filling it once again. it took a couple more glasses to overcome the dryness in his throat and he eventually stops. jisung slowly make his way towards the couch and slumped onto it.

he's tired of getting the same dream over and over again. he's tired of seeing his past reoccuring in his head when he sleeps. he's tired of overthinking what happened. he's tired of everything.

even though it's a dream, it is a vivid memory that actually happened a couple years back and jisung hates how he can't run away from it.

—————

"i'm sorry hannie, i would be completely fine with it because i promise you i won't forget you but if you really can't handle long distance relationship..." he trailed off, thinking hard about his decision.

"i think it's best if we just break up."

jisung couldn't believe what he heard. his boyfriend is really leaving him, for real this time. "can't you stay? why must you go that far to study when there's a lot more good uni-" before he could even finish, he felt a strong pair of arms around his petite torso.

"baby, you know how much i wanted to go there right? it's my dream university since i was a kid." minho whispered softly into his ear. he was trying his best to hold onto the tears that were threatening to fall any second. his heart felt heavy leaving jisung like this.

"why... why now? you k-know i can't do this right?" jisung started sobbing in minho's embrace as he hold tight onto the older's shirt. he absolutely despise the idea of long distance relationship, he doesn't believe that they last long.

"hey, look at me. i'm sorry but i can't let this chance go to waste, it's once in a lifetime. i love you so much and i would love to keep what we have but if it's hard for you, i won't force you." minho holds onto his face gently, wiping the tears flowing down his cheeks.

"minho? hey, we gotta go book our tickets now before it runs out." chan came out of nowhere, looking for minho. jisung heard him and gripped onto minho's shirt tighter.

the older noticed and tried to pry off his hand, tears finally escaping his eyes. "hannie, i have to go. please." he begged the younger but jisung didn't even budge nor did he said anything. he stood quietly, his heart breaking inside.

chan realized that jisung isn't letting go and it was getting really late so he approached them and seperated the couple. "i'm sorry sung, we really have to go." chan said before dragging minho by his wrist away from the younger.