Ch. 26: Something about a Wedding

Ch. 26 – Something about a Wedding

“Oh my goodness, is this real life right now? Like…WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS!?!”  Nelly nearly shouted through the whole room. She turned and looked at me. “I swear if I’m dreaming, don’t you dare wake me up. Let me stay in my dream world forever!”

I couldn’t help but laugh at the look she was giving me. It was priceless and she was so giddy and excited. You could simply see it on her face that she was bursting with excitement and I couldn’t be happier for her. She really deserved this and Brandon caught himself a good one. I can see them being that perfect couple, that has perfect kids, and they have a perfect life and live happily ever after. Okay, that’s stretching it a bit, but you catch my drift. They are cute together and go well together.

“Okay, I won’t wake you up. But you aren’t dreaming. This is real life and you’re about to marry your soul mate.” I smiled at her as I walked over and put my hands on her arms to hold her still. She was literally about to bounce out of her shoes.

He smile grew wider. “I’m so glad that I get to be a part of your family. Funny how things come about, isn’t it? Like, it sucks that you needed a paternity test for Cam, and that you were all at the hospital anyway because he had fallen and gotten hurt, but if all of that didn’t happen, then I would have never met B.”

“Crazy.” I smiled softly at her, glad she calmed after taking a long, deep breath. She turned back around in the mirror and looked at the makeup job that was done for her. B went all out and treated her to a completely relaxing massage, getting her nails, hair, and makeup done. She was one spoiled girl, but she wasn’t taking any of this for granted. Sometimes it was nice that she could get pampered like that. Every girl deserved that every now and then in their lives.

She smiled and turned back to me. “Thank you for being one of my bridesmaids. I truly appreciate it.”

“It’s my pleasure. I wouldn’t pass it up for anything.” I said and looked around at the other girls. They were all flitting around getting their last minute makeup touchups and everything done. Seeing as how B wanted someone with Nelly today, he sent me with her and I had my makeup done for me already considering I am at a total loss when it comes to anything outside the basic makeup techniques. “It’s time for the bride to get her dress on.” I said and walked over to grab her dress.

“What about you? You need to finish getting ready, don’t you?” She looked scared. “I’ve been taking up all of your time with you having to basically be my babysitter for the day.”

I waved her off. “Nonsense. You’re fine. I’ll get into my dress as soon as I help you in yours. At least everything for me is done, and since Cam insisted on going with the guys, I don’t have to get him ready.”

I helped Nelly into her dress and with her hair in a half updo, with the rest of her dark hair falling down her right shoulder in curls it just finished off the final touches that the dress needed. “Beautiful!” I gushed at her. “B isn’t even going to know what hit him when he sees you walk down the aisle.”

“Good! That’s what I was going for!” She smirked. “Go on! I can’t have my maid – of – honor being late for the wedding!”

I was speechless at first, “Wait, what?”

“Oh, I didn’t tell you that before?” She evilly smirked at me. “I mean, I just figured you assumed that you would be maid of honor since Zach is best man.”

For a moment my heart skipped a beat. That should be Derek up there as best man. I wish Derek were here right now; he would be so proud and happy for his brother. I can’t even explain how messed up this is. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he can have Zach there as his best man, but that’s not how this should have been. B was cheated out of a best man, and Derek was cheated out of seeing his brother finally find a good woman for himself and settle down. “Kelsey?”