Turnabout Memories

The stairway to heaven had been long, too long for him to wait. But it had been worth him, knowing who would be the one waiting on top. His sweet Kitten, his purpose to live, his life. Mia Fey. It had been a shock, finding out that she was dead. Killed, and he wasn’t there to take care of her, to protect her, to save her. And he had just kept on living, carying his ‘sin’. Blaming that lawyer, Phoenix Wright. But while Diego Armando, or how he was called nowadays, Godot, walked up the stairs… He realized something he had realized in the court as well. She was living on, in Phoenix Wright. That split second had been enough to realize that, yet it came as a surprise. And now, she was waiting for him. Waiting to see him again, her lover.

“Diego…” her smile greeted him on top of the stairs. “Mia…” was the only way he could reply. But no words were needed, not yet. The emotions spoken out in these simple names would be enough for now. There would be time enough to talk, eternal time. She let him through the gate to heaven, without waiting for judgment at the gate.

“Say… Mia. Do you remember?” Diego asked, he was lying on his back in their room. Even if it was heaven, it wasn’t bad. It didn’t seemed any different from the real world. “What?” Mia asked, her head resting on his chest. “The first time we met?” he reminded her. “But of course, how could I forget?” Mia smiled. “How could I forget..”

A young Mia Fey walked over the street, work was waiting. Her first day at ‘Grossberg and co law office’. She had to admit it, she was nervous. Even thou the man she had spoken with on the phone had been nice and kind towards her, what did that told her? Appearance deceived, right? And so did phone calls. She could see a building appear in the distance, that had to be it.

“Fat guy! Where have you hidden my coffee beans?” Diego Armando looked around, he was quite irritated. “Come on... It's not funny! Do you want me to scare the new recruit off?” “Diego, calm down. I didn’t hide your beans, you must have lost them.” Called the voice of Marvin Grossberg out of his office. Diego walked inside. “Why would I lose my coffee beans?! Seriously, didn’t you just eat them in one of your eating-tornados?”  “Of course I did not…” Grossberg sighed. “ But now, really calm down. She can be here any minute now, and you said yourself that you didn't want to scare her, didn't you?” “Okay, okay, but only because it’s a Kitten.” Diego picked up the dossier of the new ‘Kitten’, Mia Fey, from the desk of his boss. “Hm… She sounds like a bright kid to me.” He said. Grossberg looked at him. “You’re only looking at her picture, aren’t you…?” he asked. “Ha! Of course not. But now you say it…” Diego’s gaze went to the picture of a young woman with brown hair. “She also looks like a bright little Kitten.” At the same time as his boss sighed and said “You never change..” Diego heard the doors of the elevator open. “I hear a little Kitten.” He said while putting the dossier down. “I’d better welcome her.” Then he walked to the door. Mia’s slightly scared and nervous gaze went to the lawyer that came out of the lobby to welcome her. He brushed a string of black hair out of his face and walked towards her. “Hey… You’re Mia Fey, right?” he asked her, his smile seemed a bit too kind. More flirting. She nodded a bit. “You must be Marvin Grossberg... A pleasure to be able to work at your well known office, sir.” This seemed to amuse him. “Oh, no. I'm just someone working here as well.. And I'll probably be your mentor.”  With a little bow as apology, Mia said: “Oh… Sorry sir.” “It’s really nothing, Kitten. By the way, just call me Diego.” He sticked out his hand towards her. “ Diego Armando.” Mia didn’t shook his hand just yet. “I’m sorry to ask, but how did you called me?” she asked instead. Diego lowered his hand with a grin. “Kitten.” Mia blinked surprised. “There must be some kind of misunderstanding here.” “Why would there be, Kitten?” “My name isn’t ‘Kitten’…” “So? Consider it as your pet name.” Diego smiled. Mia was silent for a second or two. “Ah..” Then she sticked out her hand. “Anyway, nice to meet you, Mr. Armando.” Diego shook her hand. “Nice to meet you too, Kitten.” Then he let go again.